UGANDA safaris …Uncover the Pearl of Africa-Safari Uganda!
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- - Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda<
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
Chimpanzee Trekking Safaris In Uganda
- - Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- - Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- - Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
Wildlife Safaris In Uganda
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- - Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- - Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- - Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- - Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- - Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- - Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- - Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- - Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- - Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- - Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- - Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- - Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
Luxury Uganda Safaris
- - Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- - Queen Elizabeth
- - Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- - Gorilla Tracking
- - Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
Short Safaris in Uganda
- - Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- - Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- - Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- - Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- - Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- - Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
Long Safaris in Uganda
- - Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- - Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- - Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- - Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- - Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- - Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- - Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- - Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
Day Tours in Uganda
- - Kampala City Tour
- - Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- - Entebbe City Short Tour
- - Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- - White Water Rafting
- - Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- - Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- - Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
Fishing Safaris In Uganda
- - 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- - 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- - 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- - 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- - 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- - 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- - Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- - 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
- - 3 Days Short Cultural tour in Uganda
- - 7 Days Culture Safari in Uganda with Gorilla trekking
- 8 Days Uganda Cultural Tour
- - 20 Days Grand Cultural Tour in Uganda
- - 3 Days Wildlife Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park 2015/2016
- - 4 Days Uganda Gorillas & Wildlife Group Safari 2015/2016
- - 6 Days Uganda Primate & Wildlife Group Safari
- - 8 Days Uganda Group Safari Highlight 2015/2016
- - 10 Days Uganda Gorilla & Wildlife Group Safari 2015/2016
- - 13 Days Group safari in the shadows of Rwenzori & Virunga Mountauns 2015/2016
- - Days Uganda Rwanda Combined Group Safari 2015/2016
Uganda Safaris and Holidays
Yet unknown to so many travelers, few of the world visitors have been able to explore Uganda in Africa,in search of her unique natural attractions. Uganda boasts of being one of the most varied countries in Africa endowed with rolling hills, wide-open savannah, glacial alpine mountains, abundant wildlife, sparkling crater lakes and definitely the endangered Mountain Gorillas that combine to make Uganda Safaris memorable. Virtually untouched and pure, Uganda is still traditionally African, home to the world`s friendliest people, lush green and her incredible weather is enjoyable and friendly all year round.
Location of Uganda
Standing in the East of Africa sharing borders with South Sudan to the North, Tanzania to the south, Kenya to the East, Democratic Republic of Congo to the West and Rwanda to the South west, Uganda is a land locked country whose connection to the coast is through Kenya and Tanzania. In fact, most of her cargo that is not handled by Air direct at Entebbe International Airport is handled through Mombasa and Dar es Salaam ports. Uganda has a total geographical coverage of 241,551 km2 of which 200,523km2 is land while 41,028 Km2 is water. The country features an average altitude of 1,200m above sea level with two extreme average points namely; the highest 5,109m Margarita peak on the Rwenzori Mountains, a popular Uganda safari destination and the lowest 620m on Lake Albert.Virtually untouched and pure, Uganda is still traditionally African, home to the world`s friendliest people, lush green and her incredible weather is enjoyable and friendly all year round. At Prime Safaris and Tours, we are passionate about our country and we rejoice in guiding you round it to help you know why it is called `the Pearl of Africa’, during your Uganda safaris.
Physical Geography as a Uganda safari holiday attraction
Uganda’s physical geography is never disappointing. Talk of the gigantic Victoria Lake that form the source of the Nile River along with the chain of other lakes including Kyoga, Edward, Albert, George, Mburo and Bunyonyi (the second deepest in Africa) to the magical mountains of Rwenzori 5,109m (the third highest in Africa), the Elgon Mountain 4,321m (fourth highest in East Africa), three Volcanoes of Gahinga (3,474m), Sabyinyo (3,669m) and Muhabura (4,127m), Mount Moroto, Karamoja Highlands and Kigezi highlands. The stretching East African plateau, the flat landscapes of the western arm of the East African rift valley and their bordering steep escarpments including Butiaba and Kichwamba, the deep gorges of Kyambura and Sabyinyo, the splendid waterfalls of Murchison (world’s most powerful), Sipi falls, Ssezibwa, Itanda, Kalagala and Kisizi, amazing meandering Rivers including Kafu, Katonga, Nile (world’s longest), Mpologoma, the Semuliki, Rwizi and seasonal Kidepo River and the dense forests of Budongo, Mabira, Kalinzu, Maramagambo, Kibale and Semuliki combine to make your safari in Uganda an experience of a life time.
Gorillas, Chimpanzees & Birds – Uganda safaris must encounter
Additionally to note is that these varied landscapes support great counts of flora, fauna and bird life. Uganda contains about 1,061 Species of birds forming a half of the bird species on the continent of Africa. Uganda features one endemic bird species named the Fox Weaver. Besides birds, Uganda has the great count of primate species. Talk of the critically endangered mountain gorillas viewed on gorilla safaris in Uganda in their habitats of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest natinal Park and Mgahinga Gorila Park, the chimpanzees in the forests of Kibale Forest National Park, Semuliki National Park, Budongo Eco Reserve and the Valley of Apes – the famous Kyambura gorge, the endangered golden monkeys in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Black and white colobus monkeys, Red and Blue tailed monkey in Kibale Forest National Park not forgetting the localised patas monkey in Murchison Falls National Park and Kidepo Valley National Park.
Classic Wildlife Safaris in Uganda
Uganda is also a home to classic wild game including the Big five of lands animals namely; lions (surprisingly, Uganda has tree climbing lions), leopard, the African Buffalo, Savannah and forest elephants, white Rhinos along with other wild game like Rothschild Giraffes, the Impala, Eland, Jackson’s Hartebeest, the Cheetah, Topis, Burchell’s Zebra, the Roan Antelope, Oribis, Kobs, Water bucks, Bushbucks, Warthogs, Spotted Hyena, Jackals among other animals spread in four (4) typical savannah Uganda safari parks of Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth Elizabeth National Park, Mburo National Park and Kidepo Valley National Park along with the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Some of this wildlife is also found in the other six (6) national parks namely; Semliki National Park, Kibale Forest National Park, Mount Elgon National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Rwenzori National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
Uganda safaris in game reserves
Uganda is also gifted with a count of thirteen (13) game reserves which are also ideal wildlife habitats. These include; Ajai Wildlife Reserve, Bokora Corridor Wildlife Reserve, Bugungu Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve, Karuma Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Kigezi Wildlife Reserve, Kyambura Wildlife Reserve, Lomunga Wildlife Reserve, East Madi Wildlife Reserve, Matheniko Wildlife Reserve, Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve and Toro Semuliki Wildlife Reserve.
Uganda People and Culture as a Uganda Safari attraction
Besides the physical spread, Uganda features a population of 34.9 million people as of 2014 Census and is one of the most heterogeneous nations in Africa with a count of over 65 tribal groups that feature varied cultures with different customs, practices, livelihood patterns, settlement patterns, physical spread, events and festivals making cultural safaris in Uganda rewarding. Ranging from the Karimojong both the indigenous Karimojong that thrive in the Morungole Mountains and the Pastoralist Karimojong that thrive in the dry plains of Karamoja with their herds of cattle in the north east to the Batwa of the south west known as one of the last groups of the short surviving people in the world with their ancient settlement in the dense forests that mark the area, Uganda can affirm that it still features intact tribal traditions in East Africa. The highly organized Kingdom of Buganda with its Kasubi tombs – the burial grounds for the Kings marked by UNESCO as a world heritage, the pastoralist cultures of the Banyankole with their beautiful Ankole long horned cattle, the Bamasaba with their Imbalu ceremony where the boys are circumcised live to initiate them into manhood, the Bakiga of Kigezi that have inhabited the Kigezi highlands for centuries past presenting one of the magical human protected landscapes in the world with remarkable sceneries not forgetting the northern Nilotic tribes with their customary settlement and unique architectural huts combine to give a clear representation of Uganda and her capacity to offer remarkable safari memories.
The best time to undertake Safari in Uganda
Uganda safaris are possible all year-round though the most popular ones are the dry months which appear from June to August and then from December to February. It can be noted that the primate walks such as gorilla trekking or chimpanzee trekking form a big part of any Uganda safari and the habitat of these species are mostly rain forests which by default are wet and one may not avoid the rain completely. However, it can be noted that after the rain, the skies normally open up to an impressive bright tropical sun shine.
The classic wildlife safaris in Uganda in the savannah parks of Uganda are best done to the end of the dry seasons since wildlife would be gathered around water points. This thus extends the experience to the months of March and the month of September and even early October.
Birding safaris in Uganda can be fanatically conducted throughout the year but it normally at its peak season in the months between November and April when the migrant bird species are noted to be present.
Quick facts of when to do a safari in Uganda
Best time to do safaris in Uganda :
It can be noted that the best time to go is from June to August then from December to February suitable for all the Uganda safari destinations.
Uganda Safari High Season:
The high season in Uganda is between the months of June to September though it is not all that crowded. However, for gorilla trekking, one needs to secure the permits far in advance.
Uganda Safari Low Season:
The low season in Uganda occurs in the months of March, April, May, October, and November. However, the notable ones are April, May and November and in these months the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) offers discounted gorilla permits while the safari lodges also tend to offer discounted rates for the guests visiting in such months. In the high rain fall areas, the roads can be challenging and forest trails in poor shape.
Dry Weather in Uganda:
The best weather can be June-July and January-February where there is little rainfall and plenty of sun.
Wet Weather in Uganda:
The worst weather can be in the months of March, April and May which is the peak of the wet season.
The Uganda’s Dry Season – June to August and December to February
- These dry months are most suitable for gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda
- There is less vegetation in the savannah reserves and wild game tend to converge near water points which makes it easier to spot them
- The skies tend be clear and sunshine is in plenty
- Though there is no such overcrowding, gorilla permits need to be booked far in advance
The Uganda’s Wet Season – March to May and September to November – Wet Season
- The Savannah reserves scenery appears green and the period is also the low season thus there are possibilities of getting low rates
- Despite the fact that wildlife is easier to spot in the dry season, the wet season still offers plenty viewing encounters and at times the new born ones.
- During the wet season, the roads at times get bad and the vehicles get stuck. The forest trails also become challenging and slippery. Heavy vehicles with 4WD are recommended.
- Kindly note that you cannot change the gorilla permit because there is heavy down pour in the morning of gorilla trekking. Also the departure time is scheduled.
Best time to visit Uganda safari Parks
It can be noted that all the Uganda safari parks can be best explored in the dry months of June to August and then December to February.
Travelling around Uganda during Uganda safaris
Travel in Uganda is comfortable when travelling with us in our 4×4 safari Land cruisers and Safari Vans. The major routes connecting to various parts of the country are tarmacked. Murram roads then connect from the nearby towns where the tarmac stops linking to the Uganda safari destinations. These roads can be rough at times. However, the efforts are being made to replace the old roads with the new ones. Because of the varying landscape and the nature of the connecting murram roads at times, it is not advisable to drive yourself for the first time. Prime Uganda Safaris has expert driver guides who offer the themed interpretation and take you through the challenging road sections carefully and safely as they have the expertise in this. Our safari vehicles all with 4WD feature the strength to negotiate the challenging landscapes including the Kigezi highlands and Karamoja landscapes. This is a lovely attempt that will offer you a safe and trusted leisure and educational life time experience on Uganda safaris exploring the Pearl of Africa in detail.
Food in Uganda – what food to expect on a Uganda safari
Uganda Safari travelers will taste food varies from the ordinary to good. Uganda features a wide range of cuisine that one would wonder to encounter. Uganda features specialty restaurants that serve specialized food items including the Chinese food, the Indian cuisine, the Italian Cuisine…Read more
Time in Uganda while planning a safari to Uganda
Uganda features no time difference arising from season changes like summer or winter. Uganda is only three (+3 GMT) hours ahead of GMT the popularly known Greenwich Mean Time which is also referred to as the Prime Meridian.
Which Currency to expect in Uganda during Uganda safaris
Before starting your Safari in Uganda, you will need to change some money to Uganda’s national currency called the Shillings which is abbreviated as UGX and features a shilling sign of /=. However, other foreign countries can still be of use in the country especially the United States Dollars. In fact, you exchange part of your money to… Read more
Uganda’s International Dialing Code – which code to put while making a call to reserve your safari in Uganda
Uganda’s International dialing code is +256 and this is followed by the respective number one intends to call. Uganda features a range of Telecommunication companies that offer… Read more
Health in Uganda – Is your health safe while on a safari in Uganda
Uganda has medical facilities are close to western standards in Kampala her capital city. The upcountry towns feature basic medical services and can ably treat average sickness. Uganda like other destinations have got health recommendations… Read more
Language in Uganda – what language to use when on a safari to Uganda
Uganda is a heterogeneous nation and thus there is no majorly accepted local language country over. In Uganda people speak English and it’s the neutral mode of the communication in a country with over 65 tribal groups. Apart from English, Luganda is … Read more
Requirements for travelling to Uganda
Uganda safari Visas for Uganda travelers– do you need a visa to enter Uganda for a tour: Uganda entry, exit and visa requirements
Passport Any world traveler interested in a Uganda tour is required to be in possession of a valid passport issued by the respective country of origin. Uganda immigration Authorities requires that the passport copy should be 6 months valid and must have at least one page where the stamp can be put … Read more
Uganda Safari Flights: Flights to Uganda/Airlines, Air tickets to Uganda
Uganda Safari and general travelers can access the country using a variety of flights from various points of the world and those interested in undertaking tours to Uganda can book the flights through a local agent in their home countries, through airlines directly, international ticket vendors most of which are on line or contact us … Read more
Uganda Safaris By Charter Flights
Uganda safaris can also be conducted by charter. Being on the diverse destinations, a range of micro destinations are scattered and far apart from the beginning point and one another. For example, it takes 1 ½ days to connect from Kampala to Kidepo Valley National Park 700km apart, for the gorilla safari destination of Bwindi, it takes a minimum of 10 hours’ drive to cover … Read more
Mpanga Central Forest Reserve
Mpanga Central Forest Reserve is one of the forests in Uganda with established eco-tourism initiatives. The forest features impressive species among which include the Celtis Family Species containing large buttress, Ficus family Species along with Mahogany. The forest is also a habitat to … Read more
Uganda safari companies: which safari company to travel with
Considering the above attractions, undertaking a Uganda safari offers you an opportunity to explore all these attractions ranging from adventure to classic game viewing, gorilla trekking, chimpanzee trekking, bird watching, sightseeing and cultural tours and you would definitely require an esteemed safari company to travel with.
Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd has positioned itself to make your safari in Uganda a memorable adventure of a life time by organizing a wide range of packages ranging from short to medium and long with some featuring specialty attractions while others are intermixed and surprisingly at an affordable price in any category that you wish to travel in ranging from Luxury to Midrange and Budget that you can hardly find elsewhere and yet without compromising quality of the experience as seen from the reviews of the traveller that have opted to use its services in the past. You can check out our reviews on our Trip Advisor Page.
Explore the unknown, spend less, enjoy the best service right from the booking to the vehicle, lodges and the expert guides with Prime Safaris and Tours. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda / Gorilla Tours In Uganda
Chimpanzee Trekking Safaris In Uganda / Chimpanzee Trekking Tours In Kibale Forest / Kyambura Gorge / Kalinzo Forest.
Wildlife Safaris In Uganda / Birding Safaris In Uganda / Mountain Climbing / Hiking Safaris In Uganda
Luxury Uganda Safaris / Flying Safaris In Uganda
Short Safaris in Uganda / Short Tours In Uganda
Long Safaris in Uganda / Long Tours In Uganda
Day Tours / Short Excursions / Adventure In Uganda
Fishing Safaris in Uganda
The Safari features fishing and wild game viewing in one destination – Lake Mburo National Park … more >>
Cultural Safaris in Uganda
Features a blend of wildlife and gorillas…
The tour explores the Nakayima heritage tree in Mubende, the Amabere g’ Nnyinamwiru Caves…