2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda – SAFARI OVERVIEW
This 2 days Chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda Nyungwe National Park is a 2 days Rwanda safari tour that offers you a rare opportunity to trek and see Chimpanzees in Rwanda – our closest living relatives – in their natural habitat.
This 2 days Rwanda tour is one of the most rewarding short trips that primate lovers do when they visit Rwanda.
The 2 days Chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda takes you for chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest, one of Africa’s oldest and largest montane rainforests, covering an area of over 1000km2. This incredible park is home to over 500 wild chimpanzees, 1068 plant species, 322 bird species, and 12 other primate species, including Olive Baboons, Grey-cheeked Mangabeys, Blue, Silver, Vervet, Colobus, Mona, L’Hoest’s, Red-tailed, and Owl-Faced monkeys.
On this 2 days Chimpanzee safari in Rwanda, you also take amazing cultural heritage tours at the King’s Palace in Nyanza and Ethnographic Museum in Butare for an amazing Rwanda safari experience. You will travel in a 4×4 safari vehicle, seeing some of the scenic Rwandan countrysides as you drive from Kigali to Nyungwe and back again.
You can book or customize this 2 days Chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda to your exact safari interests – at an affordable price.
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda – PRIME SAFARI ACTIVITIES
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest
- Cultural heritages tours at the King’s Palace & Ethnographic Museum.
- Driving through the hilly, green landscapes of scenic Rwanda
- Optional canopy walk via a treetop canopy walkway
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda – FEATURED SAFARI DESTINATIONS
- Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Ethnographic Museum in Butare/Huye
- King’s Palace in Nyanza
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest. Tour Ethnographic Museum & King’s Palace.
Day 2: Do Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe & transfer back to Kigali
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest. Tour Ethnographic Museum & King’s Palace En route
Your 2 days Chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda begins at 7 am. Your tour drive shall pick you up from your place of stay in Kigali and take you on a 5-6 hour road transfer southwest. You’ll travel through hilly, green landscapes of scenic as you make your way to the Cultural Heritage Corridor of Rwanda.
You make a stop in Nyanza and tour the reconstruction of the King’s Palace, a beautifully-crafted thatched dwelling, which was the traditional seat of Rwanda’s kingdom. Here, you will learn about the royal style, smartness, and authority of pre-colonial Rwanda Kings. Meet the royal cows on the site and herders who sing to them. Then, wander the halls of the simple, modern home of the country’s last king.
Continue your drive south to the Ethnographic Museum in Huye for a broader look at Rwanda’s culture. Explore the seven galleries that highlight the architecture, textiles, hunting weapons, and more; designed, created, and used by the people.
After that, enjoy a delicious lunch and complete your scenic drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park. Nyungwe is simply a primate heaven, hosting 13 primate species that account for 25% of Africa’s total. These include over 500 chimpanzees.
The highlight of the Day: – Learning about Rwanda’s rich cultural heritage
Luxury: – One & Only Nyungwe House/Nyungwe Forest Lodge
Midrange: – Nyungwe Hill Top View Hotel
Budget: – Gisakura Guesthouse
Meal Plan: – Lunch & Dinner
Drive Distance & Time: – Approx. 200km/5-6 hrs.
Activities & Services:-
- Drive to Nyungwe
- Tour the Ethnographic Museum
- Visit the King’s Palace
Optional Activity: –
- Canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest
Day 2: Do Chimpanzee Trekking & Transfer Back To Kigali
After an early breakfast, you will transfer to the park’s visitor center to meet your excellent local park guide for a briefing. At 5.30 am, start your trek (2-5 hours) to see the chimpanzees, and you will enjoy looking for other primates, birds, unique plants, and animals along the way.
Your expert guide will teach you about the fascinating behavior of these endangered apes – our closest relatives in the animal world – and gain insights into current efforts to protect them. Upon reaching Chimpanzees, you will see them as they interact in their natural habitat.
You have a full hour to enjoy these human-like creatures (we share 98.7% of our DNA with them) and you’re free to take as many photos as you wish! Retreat from the activity and embark on the transfer back to Kigali to mark the end of the 2 days Chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda.
End of the 2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda Nyungwe National Park
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda − SAFARI INCLUSIONS
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross-border safaris)
2 Days Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Rwanda − SAFARI EXCLUSIONS
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides, and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages/drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
People who always support & endorse our work