2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – SAFARI OVERVIEW.
The 2 days Uganda gorilla safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu starts from Gisenyi Rwanda to Bwindi and ending in Kigali offers an exciting Mountain Gorilla trekking in Uganda from Rwanda experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This 2 day Uganda gorilla tour from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu offers you a rewarding encounter with the critically endangered Mountain Gorillas in the hilly forested landscapes of Bwindi Impenetrable forest and fascinating sightseeing of the Virunga Volcanoes and Kigezi Highlands. This Uganda gorilla tour destination is positioned in the south-west of Uganda stretching over a geographical coverage of 321 Sq. Km standing at an elevation of 1,160 – 2,607 Km above sea level.
Bwindi Forest National Park comprises 32,092 hectares appearing as one of the largest East African areas that still feature Afro montane lowland forest which is credited to have survived the last ice age making it an ideal habitat for a myriad of Species and noted to have a great density of trees at its respective average in the whole of East Africa. The diversity of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park can be witnessed in the range of Species that it supports. There are more than 163 species of trees, over 140 Species of fern along with other taxa. Sixteen (16) Species of this flora are limited to the south-west of Uganda including Lavoa swynnertonii which is threatened globally.
The forest also supports 214 species of birds, 7 species of diurnal primates, over 120 species of mammals, and 202 butterfly species. Significantly to note is that Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a habitat to nine (9) globally threatened including the mountain gorilla, l’Hoest’s monkey, common chimpanzee, African giant swallowtail, Chaplin’s flycatcher, African green broadbill, Grauer’s rush warbler, cream-banded swallowtail and African elephant.
Uganda Gorilla tours to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park can be done in any of its four (4) trekking regions including Buhoma where the three gorilla families of Mubare, Habinyaja and Rushegura thrive; Ruhija where other three gorilla families of Oruzogo, Bitukura, and Kyaguliro, Rushaga with its five gorilla families of Mishaya, Nshongi, Bweza, Busingye and Kahungye and lastly Nkuringo with two gorilla families.
This Uganda gorilla safari adventure can be arranged under budget, midrange, or luxury accommodation options and can be customized further to suit your safari interests.
We would like to hear from you about this 2 days gorilla trekking safari plan!
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – SAFARI PRIME ACTIVITIES.
Having a spectacular encounter with the amazing Mountain Gorillas
Enjoying a thrilling encounter with the Batwa people
Scenic viewing of the landscape and the local communities during the road transfers
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – FEATURED UGANDA SAFARI PARKS/DESTINATIONS.
Day 1 & 2: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS.
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi National Park and enjoy in a Batwa community walk
Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla trekking & transfer to Kigali.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY.
Day 1 of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi; Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The first day of this tour is relaxed as you will be picked up at 9:00 am by our professional company guide. You will embark on a 140km or 3-4 hours drive to Bwindi National Park. During this drive, you will enjoy scenic views of incredible landscapes which include the Virunga massif which is composed of a chain of eight volcanic mountains straddling from Uganda through Rwanda to the Democratic Republic of Congo. You will also get to see the native people in their villages as they go on with their day to day life activities including tilling their gardens, animal rearing, market vending to mention but a few. You will cross the Katuna or Chanika border post and proceed to your lodge in the afternoon. Upon arrival here, you will be given a warm welcome by the lodge staff who will lead you into your cozy room. After getting fully settled into your room, you will go to the dining room where you will have your lunch served.
In the afternoon, you will embark on a relaxed community walk where you will visit a Batwa pygmy’s village. This walk provides you an opportunity to have an up-close and personal encounter with these amazing people who have managed to live side by side with the wild gorillas of these jungles in perfect peace and harmony for over 1000 years. Later after this exclusive encounter, you will return to your lodge for dinner and relaxation.
The highlight of the day: An encounter with the Batwa people (the world’s shortest people in the whole world)
- Top-Notch / Exclusive: Clouds Mount Gorilla Lodge/ Gorilla Forest Camp
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Chameleon Hill Lodge/ Haven Lodge Buhoma
- Mid-range/ Moderate: Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
- Budget/ Basic: Trekkers Tavern Ruhija
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Drive distance &time: Approx. 140- 220 or 4-5 hours
Activities & Services
- Transfer to Bwindi
- Batwa pygmies local community walk
Day 2 of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi: Do Mountain Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Np & transfer to Kigali.
After breakfast, dressed in the appropriate Gorilla tracking wear, you will leave the lodge with your packed lunch and bottled water and head out to the respective sector’s park headquarters for briefing and Gorilla group allocation at 8 am. After this, you will eventually start off the gorilla trekking encounter following the trails of your respective gorilla family traversing the forest with is hilly forested landscapes and deep saddles. The hills are forested with mature trees and dense undergrowth that have earned it the name Impenetrable. The gorilla trekking encounter tends to last 2 – 8 hours inclusive of one (1) hour direct encounter with them.
Seeing the critically endangered apes as they forage, socialize, the young gorillas rolling themselves on tree branches and the Silverback demonstrating his authority is a moment of wonder that derives remarkable excitement. You will be allowed time off to enjoy your picnic lunch. After this, you will retreat from the activity and transfer to Kigali driving through the fascinating landscapes of Kigezi Highlands dubbed the Switzerland of Africa and Rwanda hills that have earned her a dub as the land of a thousand hills! You will do a Kigali City drive tour viewing the prominent buildings like the Amahoro sports stadium, the Kigali sports Arena, the parliament, and if time allows you can visit the Kimironko market as well as the Inema Art Gallery.
After the Kigali city tour, you will transfer to your hotel or Kigali Airport depending on your travel plans.
The highlight of the day: Coming eye to eye with the beautiful Mountain gorillas at close range
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
Drive distance & time: Approx. 140km or 4-5 hours
Activities and Services: –
- Gorilla trekking
- Transfer and tour of Kigali city
- Meeting the local people
END of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – SAFARI INCLUSSIONS:-
Full-time English professional safari driver-guide
4×4 safari van/ 4×4 Safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing with functional A/C
Full board accommodation
Gorilla & chimpanzee trekking permit fees
Boat cruise fees
Wi-Fi Internet on board the safari vehicle
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – SAFARI EXCLUSSIONS:-
- International &domestic flight fees
- Visa fees
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities and tips
- Other beverages/ drinks
- Other extras not mentioned in the itinerary above
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – GETTING THERE
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – PRICE PER PERSON:-
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – RELATED SAFARI ACCOMMODATION
RELATED 2 DAY UGANDA GORILLA SAFARIS FROM RWANDA SAFARI ITINERARIES – Tour Packages.
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- – Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- – Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- – Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- – Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- – Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- – Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- – Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- – Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- – Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- – Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- – Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
- – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- – Queen Elizabeth Uganda Safari 3 days
- – 3 days Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Gorilla Tracking safaris in Uganda 6 days
- – Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 day
- – Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- – Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- – Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- – Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- – Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- – Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- – Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- – Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- – Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
- – Kampala City Tour
- – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- – Entebbe City Short Tour
- – Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- – White Water Rafting
- – Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- – Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- – Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
- – 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- – 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- – 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- – 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- – 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- – 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- – Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- – 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – GORILLA TREKKING TIPS:-
- A rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography Camera
- Use services of porters to carry your day pack for a small charge
- Please do some exercises so that you prepare your body for gorilla trekking as it requires some physical fitness.
- Sunscreen lotion to keep your skin safe from the tropical heat & sun rays
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari from Rwanda Gisenyi Lake Kivu to Bwindi – IMPORTANT INFORMATION:-
- This safari requires some physical fitness as Gorilla tracking can at times be strenuous
- Pre and Post safari accommodation can be booked for you at an additional fee
- The age limit is 15years and above
- We shall observe the COVID SOPs and government directives
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Note that this itinerary is a suggestion and can be further customized to suit your desire. Whatever your preference is, please let us know and we shall advise /adjust accordingly.
- Post safari accommodation for the last night after the tour can be arranged at an extra fee upon request during the booking process.
- Visa information
East African visa.
Can be applied prior to arrival through your nearest Rwanda/ Uganda Embassy or through the online portal. Also available on arrival at Kigali International Airport, subject to long queues (We do not recommend this method)
Make an inquiry!
At Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd, your safety is our utmost priority. We have thus undertaken the necessary safety measures in compliance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures by the Governments of ALL African countries in which we operate with a goal of protecting our customers while travelling and on their Africa safari. The following guidelines will be applicable for your Safari in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo and other African Countries.