3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi– SAFARI OVERVIEW:-
3 Day luxury gorilla trekking safari in Uganda Bwindi is a 2nights, 3-day fly-in luxury gorilla uganda safari taking you gorilla trekking in Uganda plus a Lake Bunyonyi & her community tour and flying to Bwindi makes the tour less hectic compared to the option of undertaking the 9hours drive. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park offers you a gorilla trekking opportunity in Bwindi Forest Park – a UNESCO world heritage site which is on the bucket list for most travelers featuring boasts of a minimum of 461 Mountain Gorillas population with 19 gorilla families that have been habituated for trekking, 350 bird species of which 23 are Albertine rift endemics and 10 primate species.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has positioned itself as an ideal Uganda gorilla trekking destination. During this 3 day luxury gorilla trekking Uganda safari trip, you will also have an opportunity to undertake an unforgettable adventure visiting Africa’s second deepest Lake – Lake Bunyonyi Uganda which is surrounded by 29 Islands giving it a breathtaking view.
This Uganda gorilla safari adventure can be arranged based on budget, midrange, or luxury accommodation options and we can customize it further to suit your safari interests.
For the perfect hassle-free gorilla trekking in Uganda safari memories, this is the perfect short gorilla safari for those that want a 3 days luxury gorilla Uganda safari tour!
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi– SAFARI PRIME ACTIVITIES:-
Exploring the enchanted beauty of Lake Bunyonyi as you engage in a stunning boat cruise
The incredible moment of living in two different halves of the world at the Equator point
The magical encounter with the gorillas of Bwindi
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi– FEATURED SAFARI PARKS/DESTINATIONS:-
Day 1 & 2: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 3: Lake Bunyonyi
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS:-
Day 1: At 7:00 am fly to Bwindi where you will engage in an optional activity
Day 2: Engage in a gorilla trekking experience and transfer to Bunyonyi
Day 3: You will transfer back to Kampala / Entebbe Airport.
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY
Day 1 of the 3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi: Fly from Entebbe at 07:45 am to Bwindi & engage in an optional activity
On the first day of your 3 day luxury gorilla trekking tour in Uganda Bwindi, you will wake up very early in the morning at 6:00 am to ready yourself for pick up at 6:30 am by one of our safari guides who will transfer to the airport to catch up with your flight to Bwindi which departs from Entebbe International airport at 7:45 am. During this 1 hour and 45 minutes flight, you will be able to have a bird’s eye view of Uganda’s landscape that you will realize keeps on changing as you get further away from the airport. As soon as you take off, you will be able to see the serene waters of Lake Victoria as well as the surrounding hills near this lake.
As you get nearer to Kihihi airstrip, you will realize a change in topography as the hills here become more pronounced and these are majorly covered with thick tropical forests and you will realize that you’re flying over the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Upon landing at Kihihi, airstrip, you will be welcomed by our guide who will welcome; brief and transfer you to your already booked safari lodge for check-in and lunch as well. In the afternoon, you can choose to engage in any of the numerous possible optional activities here such as a nature stroll as you venture into the forest to encounter some of its other inhabitants except the gorillas.
You can also decide to engage in a community walk and with an opportunity of encountering the Batwa people who have managed to live side by side with these incredible mountain giants for over 1000 years in perfect peace and harmony. At the end of this activity, you will return to the lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
The highlight of the day: Having an aerial view of Uganda’s changing landscape.
- Top-Notch / Exclusive: Gorilla Forest Camp/ Buhoma Lodge
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Haven Lodge Buhoma
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Flight distance &time: Approx. 475km or1-2 hours
Activities & Services:-
- Fly to Bwindi National Park
- Engage in an optional activity of your choice
- Nature walk
- Batwa Community walk
Day 2 of the 3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi: Undertake Mountain Gorilla Tracking & transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
After early morning breakfast and dressed in appropriate gorilla trekking attire, you will depart from the lodge with your packed lunch to gather at the park regional headquarters where you will be welcomed by the park sector warden who will brief you about the gorilla trekking rules & regulations, history of gorilla conservation in that park sector and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in general after which you will be divided into groups of 8 people based on physical ability, interests, and age. Ensure to communicate to your guide about your interest so that he ensures that you’re allocated the appropriate gorilla group.
At the briefing point, you will enjoy an amazing cultural performance from the local Batwa or Bakiga people who will showcase their traditional music and dancing skills to you. With armed rangers at the back and in the lead, your group will start the famous Uganda gorilla trek in Bwindi impenetrable forest, searching for your allocated gorilla group/family. As you trek you will see a number of birds, butterflies, some of the other primates here such as the Black and white colobus monkeys, L’hoest monkeys, different species of lizards, the rare 3 horned chameleons, etc.
On encountering these amazing Mountian Gorillas you will be granted a full hour with these magical beings to watch them as they go about their daily activities and if you’re lucky you might see the young mountain gorillas break the 7-meter rule and they get close to you to have you part of their games. After the full hour of interacting with these gorillas, you will transfer back to the park centre where you be awarded a gorilla trekking certificate to take home as proof that you successfully undertook the prestigious Africa gorilla trek in Uganda. From here you will transfer to Lake Bunyonyi where you get to relax from the rather a bit tedious gorilla trekking experience.
On arrival to this beautiful tropical gem of the Kigezi highland (Lake Bunyonyi), you will be fascinated by the tranquil waters of this lake(the second deepest lake in Africa) and the numerous islands that surround this lake. You are to enjoy a relaxing boat cruise on the waters of this lake as you are taken through the amazing history behind several of these islands such as the Akampene island which is also known as the Punishment island where young girls who had got pregnant would be thrown and left to die of starvation, the upside-down island, etc. After this boat cruise, transfer to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
The highlight of the day: You will enjoy gorilla trekking and spending 1hr near them the mountain gorillas and a soothing boat cruise of scenic Lake Bunyonyi.
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Birds nest @ Bunyonyi
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Drive distance &time: Approx. 55-85 or 1-2 hours
Activities & Services:-
- Gorilla trekking
- Boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi
- Gorilla Habituation
Day 3 of the 3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi: Transfer from Lake Bunyonyi back to Entebbe
You will wake up at 7:00 am to the sweet melodies of birds that will be singing their hearts off to the dawn of a new day and will understand why this Lake in called Bunyonyi locally which means a “many small birds”, as you will hear the interjecting voices of many birds singing together in uniformity as they welcome the day. You will embark on a hike to the top of the world point which takes you 2200meters above sea level and if you manage to get to the top your efforts will be rewarded with spectacular views of the entire Bunyonyi lake which will forever be imprinted in your memory. While at the top take time off to catch your breath and enjoy a picnic breakfast that comes with a warm cup of coffee or tea & an assortment of snacks while you appreciate nature’s work and also re-energize before you slope down.
You will check out of the lodge and embark on the transfer to Kampala 420km and Entebbe 470km from Lake Bunyonyi. During this 470km return journey to Entebbe, you will drive through the rolling hills of Mirama which will fascinate you given how the locals here have managed to tame these wildlands by cultivating along these steep slopes. Along the way back you will encounter many local men carrying farm produce on their bicycles headed towards the nearest local markets. You will make an en-route stop for lunch at Igongo country hotel and just a few Kilometres outside Mbarara town to enjoy a locally inspired lunch buffet and if you wish, you can try out the Ishabwe dish wish is a local delicacy in this region.
From here proceed with the rest of your journey back to Entebbe airport where your safari will come to an end as you catch your departure flight back home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
Drive distance & time: Approx. 450km or 7-8 hours
Activities & services
- Transfer back to Kampala
- Traditional Lunch buffet at Igongo country hotel
END of the 3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – SAFARI INCLUSIONS
Full-time English professional safari driver-guide
4×4 safari van/ 4×4 Safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing with functional A/C
Full board accommodation
Gorilla & chimpanzee trekking permit fees
Boat cruise fees
Wi-Fi Internet on board the safari vehicle
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – SAFARI EXLUSIONS
- International &domestic flight fees
- Visa fees
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities and tips
- Other beverages/ drinks
- Other extras not mentioned in the itinerary above
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – GETTING THERE
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – PRICE PER PERSON
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – RELATED SAFARI ACCOMMODATION:-
RELATED 3 DAY LUXURY GORILLA TREKKING SAFARI ITINERARIES – Tour Packages
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- – Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- – Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- – Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- – Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- – Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- – Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- – Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- – Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- – Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- – Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- – Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
- – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- – Queen Elizabeth Uganda Safari 3 days
- – 3 days Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Gorilla Tracking safaris in Uganda 6 days
- – Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 day
- – Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- – Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- – Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- – Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- – Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- – Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- – Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- – Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- – Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
- – Kampala City Tour
- – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- – Entebbe City Short Tour
- – Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- – White Water Rafting
- – Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- – Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- – Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
- – 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- – 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- – 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- – 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- – 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- – 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- – Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- – 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
3 Day Luxury Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda Bwindi – GORILLA TREKKING TIPS
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should ready yourself for a long walk and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Smoking while inside the forest is strictly forbidden
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge
- As you prepare to come for your Uganda gorilla adventure, please do some exercises so that you prepare your body for gorilla trekking which can last between 3-8 hours
- In case you can’t walk for a very long time, you shouldn’t really worry about not being able to do gorilla trekking because there are potters who can carry you throughout at a small extra cost.
- Carry your sunscreen lotion to keep your skin safe from the tropical heat & sun rays
- When you get to the gorillas, don’t make noise because this agitates the gorillas
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Flights will be communicated to you upon booking depending on availability at that time. Please refer to the Aerolink official website to read more about the schedules https://www.aerolinkuganda.com/en
- This safari requires some physical fitness as Gorilla tracking can at times be strenuous
- Pre and Post safari accommodation can be booked for you at an additional fee
- The age limit is 15years and above
- We shall observe the COVID SOPs and government directives
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Note that this itinerary is a suggestion and can be further customized to suit your desire. Whatever your preference is, please let us know and we shall advise /adjust accordingly.
- Post safari accommodation for the last night after the tour can be arranged at an extra fee upon request during the booking process.
East African visa.
Can be applied prior to arrival through your nearest Rwanda/ Uganda Embassy or through the online portal. Also available on arrival at Kigali International Airport, subject to long queues (We do not recommend this method)
- MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS…..ANSWERED:
- What are the Best times seeing Gorillas in Bwindi Forest National Park
Best Season: June to August and December to February
- Rains are lesser and thus tracks are less slippery
- Offers better photography opportunities
- Better experience since the views are clearer
Worst Season: April, May September and November
- Higher rainfall is expected
- Trails become slippery and muddy
- In case of a heavy downpour your experience will be ruined as the Gorilla can remain static shielding themselves from it
- It tends to be misty and thus affecting photography
- During rainy seasons, roads leading lodges in Bwindi National park can become impassable
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips, please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Make an inquiry!
At Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd, your safety is our utmost priority. We have thus undertaken the necessary safety measures in compliance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures by the Governments of ALL African countries in which we operate with a goal of protecting our customers while travelling and on their Africa safari. The following guidelines will be applicable for your Safari in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo and other African Countries.