3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo, Nyiragongo Mountain Climbing Tour in Congo
Overview of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo, Nyirangongo Mountain Climbing Tour in Congo
The Mount Nyiragongo Volcano climbing trip in Congo OR 2 Days Nyiragongo Hike tour Nyiragongo in Congo takes you at an elevation of 3,470m above sea level positioned within the Virunga Mountains 20km from the town of Goma. The Mountain crater is about 2km in width featuring a lava lake and it is noted to be the world’s most active volcano marked by the two recent eruptions that destroyed half of Goma town. The 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari trip to Congo is thus designed to avail an adventure hike to this historical Volcano involving a night on the Mountain. The safari starts and ends in Kigali with an optional boat cruise on Lake Kivu.
Safari Highlight of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo, Nyirangongo Mountain Climbing Tour in Congo
Day 1 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Safari in Congo: Drive from Kigali – Rwanda to Goma
Day 2 of the 3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Safari in Congo: Undertake an adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano
Day 3 of the 3 DaysMount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Safari in Congo: Descend from the Nyiragongo mountain summit and transfer back to Kigali
Detailed itinerary of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo, Nyirangongo Mountain Climbing Tour in Congo
Day 1 of the 3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Safari in Congo: Drive from Kigali – Rwanda to Goma. Optional boat cruise on Lake Kivu – Gisenyi
Following breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali Rwanda, you team up with the driver guide to embark on the transfer to Gisenyi – the largest of all Lake Kivu towns. The place offers beautiful beach environment suitable for relaxation while the expanse lake presents good opportunity for boat cruise. The cruise offers magnificent sights of endless water views, series of Islands and the overlooking Nyiragongo Volcano. Settle for lunch after which you cross the Congo border to Goma in the province of North Kivu.
Accommodation during the Mount Nyiragongo Volcano hiking trip to Congo: Luxury / Upmarket: Mikeno Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Bukima Tented Camp, Budget / Basic: Hotel Cape Kivu
Day 2 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo: Undertake an adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano
The morning is set to embark on the day long adventure hike to the one of the few remaining active and violent volcanoes on African continent featuring the most fluid and expanse lava lake on global scale. Standing to the east of Democratic Republic of Congo 19km from the town of Goma, Nyiragongo Volcano is noted to the world’s most active Volcano and it has on two subsequent times in 1997 and the year 2002, released a high speed lava liquid from the Volcanic cracks destroying half of Goma town killing a count of people along with their property. The hike is very rewarding lasting 4 – 6 hours and commence at 1989m elevation ascending to 3470m in a short period. The overnight is spent at the crater rim and the best views of the lava lake occur at night.
Accommodation: Mountain Camps
Day 3 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Safari in Congo: Descend from Nyiragongo and transfer back to Kigali
Following breakfast, embark on the descending journey back to the starting point after which you drive back to Kigali via Gisenyi.
End of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Safari in Congo, Nyirangongo Mountain Climbing Tour in Congo.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)