3 Days Rwanda Safari – Gorilla Trekking In Volcanoes & Lake Kivu Rwanda Tour
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour – SAFARI OVERVIEW
Your 3 days Rwanda safari is a 2 nights/3 days safari in Rwanda, combining the unforgettable experience of gorilla trekking in Rwanda Volcanoes National Park with a remarkable recreation Rwanda tour of Lake Kivu.
Starting and ending in Kigali, this 3 day Rwanda safari takes you to the beautiful Virunga Volcanoes, where Volcanoes National Park is located. Home to about a third (300) of the mountain gorillas left on Earth, Volcanoes is a sanctuary in which you’re able to spend time with these endangered gorillas in their pristine rainforest habitat.
This safari in Rwanda tour gives you the rare privilege of observing the everyday interactions of these gentle giants – an extraordinary wildlife experience!
After watching the gentle gorillas in the dense forest, you’ll relax on the sandy shores of Lake Kivu, a destination of amazing beauty, where you can enjoy boat cruises, fishing, kayaking, and local community tours as you may wish.
If you would like to book or customize this 3 days Rwanda safari tour to suit your exact safari interests – please let us know.
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour – PRIME SAFARI ACTIVITIES
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- Relax on the sandy shores of Lake Kivu
- Comfortable road transfers through Rwanda’s beautiful landscapes and countryside
- Optional boat cruise, fishing, or Kayaking on Lake Kivu
- Optional Kigali city and genocide memorial tour
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour – FEATURED SAFARI DESTINATIONS
Day 1: Volcanoes National Park
Day 2: Lake Kivu – Gisenyi beach
Day 3: Depart
3 Rwanda Safari Tour – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
Day 1: Arrive at Kigali International Airport & transfer to Volcanoes National Park.
Day 2: Do gorilla trekking & transfer to Lake Kivu – Gisenyi beach for relaxation.
Day 3: Travel back to Kigali for your departure flight.
3 Rwanda Safari Tour – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive At Kigali International Airport & Transfer To Volcanoes National Park.
After arriving at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our professional tour driver guide who will give you a briefing about Rwanda and this 3 days Rwanda safari tour in particular.
If your flight arrives early during the day, your guide will take you on a tour of Kigali city. Known for its pleasant, friendly atmosphere, Kigali also has some interesting historic and commercial sites. It is the cleanest and most organized city in Africa.
From here, you drive north-west for about 2-3 hours. The journey takes you through lush hills and bustling market towns to your lodge near Volcanoes National Park.
Covering an area of 160km2, this stunning park is a prime montane rainforest that encompasses 5 of the 8 Virunga volcanoes. The park is a mystical backdrop for immersive mountain gorilla trekking experiences in Rwanda.
It is a well-protected reserve full of rare monkeys, butterflies, plants, and forest birds. Tonight, relax and have dinner as you prepare for your unforgettable gorilla trek tomorrow.
The highlight of the Day: – Driving through Rwanda’s beautiful, terraced hillsides
Luxury: – Mountain Gorilla View Lodge/Bisate Lodge/Virunga Lodge
Midrange: – Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge
Budget: – Muhabura Hotel
Meal Plan: – Lunch & Dinner
Drive Distance & Time: – 116km/2-3 hours
Activities & Services:-
- Pick up from the airport
- Transfer to Volcanoes
Optional Activity: –
- Kigali city tour
Day 2: Do Gorilla Trekking & Transfer To Lake Kivu – Gisenyi Beach For Relaxation
After breakfast, transfer to the park offices for a briefing. At 8 am, begin your gorilla trekking adventure. Mountain gorilla trekking in Rwanda is one of responsible tourism’s success stories and has helped the species recover from near extinction in the mid-1970s, when they numbered less than 300, to a population of over 1060 today
The trek requires a fair fitness level as you’ll be hiking through thick vegetation and along steep, at times rather muddy, mountain tracks. Your local guides are expert trackers, reading signs of the gorillas’ recent presence in the undergrowth.
Finally, you hear and see the gorillas. You spend one watching and photographing them as they sit in and among the trees, chewing leaves, babies clinging to mothers’ backs, juveniles swinging from branches, and a big male silverback surveying it all. It’s hard to tell who is more intrigued with the other, the gorillas or us!
After your time with gorillas, return to the starting point and then transfer to Gisenyi town on the northern shore of Lake Kivu. Spend the day unwinding on the sandy shores of this Africa’s Great Lake. Enjoy the tropical setting and lovely views while relaxing on the palm-fringed beach.
The highlight of the Day: – Trekking rare Mountain Gorillas
Luxury: – Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
Midrange: – Paradise Kivu Resort/Hotel Gorillas Lake Kivu
Budget: – Hotel Paradis Malahide
Meal Plan: – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Drive Distance & Time: – 110km/2 hours
Activities & Services:-
- Gorilla trekking
- Lake Kivu beach relaxation
Day 3: Travel Back To Kigali For Your Departure Flight
After a relaxed breakfast today, embark on a scenic 4-hour drive back to Kigali city. On arrival, you can embark on the city tour of Kigali if you didn’t have time on your first day. The city tour includes a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial, documenting the harrowing history of the 1994 Rwandan genocide. You also visit a crafts market where you can buy traditional crafts/souvenirs.
After the city tour, you transfer to the Kigali International Airport for your onward flight at the end of this remarkable 3 days Rwanda safari tour.
The highlight of the Day: – Scenic drive from Lake Kivu to Kigali
Meal Plan: – Breakfast
Drive Distance & Time: – 158km/4 hours
Activities & Services: –
- Drive back to Kigali
- Drop-off at the airport
- Boat cruise on Lake Kivu
- Kayaking on Lake Kivu
- Local community tour around Lake Kuu
- Kigali city genocide museum tour
End of the 3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour − SAFARI INCLUSIONS
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross-border safaris)
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour − SAFARI EXCLUSIONS
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides, and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages/drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour − GORILLA TREKKING TIPS
- Carry a waterproof jacket/raincoat/poncho
- Pack a pair of strong hiking boots/shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent are also recommended.
- Wear long trousers and a long-sleeved shirt on top of a t-shirt.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
3 Days Rwanda Safari Tour – GETTING THERE.
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
People who always support & endorse our work