3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – SAFARI OVERVIEW.
3 days Uganda gorilla safari tour Bwindi is 2 nights and 3 days Uganda gorilla tour offering gorilla trekking in Bwindi National Park plus an amazing motorized canoe cruise on Lake Bunyonyi (the lake of small birds) with 29 Islands dubbed the Lake of a thousand Islands and walking visits to the island communities of the Bunyonyi area, surely the most beautiful scenery in Africa and probably in the world.
This 3 days Uganda tour takes you to trek endangered Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park forest a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a minimum of 461 mountain gorilla population which is close to half of their entire world population (1063) of which 19 gorilla groups are habituated for trekking, making Bwindi Impenetrable forest the best Uganda gorilla safari destination in 3 days. This gorilla safari park- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is positioned in the southwest of Uganda stretching over a geographical coverage of 321 Sq. Km standing at an elevation of 1,160 – 2,607 Km above sea level.
During your 3 days Uganda gorilla safari, Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park can be done in any of its four (4) trekking regions including Buhoma where the three gorilla families of Mubare, Habinyaja, and Rushegura thrive; Ruhija where other three gorilla families of Oruzogo, Bitukura and Kyagurliro, Rushaga with its five gorilla families of Mishaya, Nshongi, Bweza, Busingye and Kahungye and lastly Nkuringo with one gorilla family named Nkuringo. All these gorilla families are habituated for gorilla trekking in Uganda and two other gorilla families are being habituated in the south which indicates that gorilla trekking safari in Uganda is on the move to prosperity.
After your gorilla trekking activity, you will continue to Lake Bunyonyi – Africa’s second deepest, for amazing scenic views, a boat cruise to visit the major islands, relaxation, and community village walks to visit local schools, hospitals, homes, etc. Lake Bunyonyi literally translated as the place of little birds is positioned in between Kisoro and Kabale to the south of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. It is positioned at 1,962m above sea level stretching 25km in length and about 7km in width. Lake Bunyonyi is given as the second deepest Lake in Africa, Amazing about Lake Bunyonyi is its count of 29 Islands that do not exist in any other water body in the region. The main Islands include the Bushara, Kyahugye, Akampane, Bucuranuka, and Njuyera. The surrounding Kigezi Highlands present magical scenic views ideal for sightseeing.
For the perfect gorilla memories, this is the perfect short gorilla safari for you!
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – SAFARI PRIME ACTIVITIES:-
Exploring the enchanted beauty of Lake Bunyonyi as you engage in a stunning boat cruise
Photo sessions at the Equator point and the roadside fresh food markets
The magical encounter with the gorillas of Bwindi
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – FEATURED SAFARI PARKS/DESTINATIONS:-
Day 1 & 2: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 3: Lake Bunyonyi
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS:-
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi. Make a stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe.
Day 2: Engage in a gorilla trekking experience and transfer to Bunyonyi
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala / Entebbe Airport. Meal Plan (B & L)
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY:-
Day 1 of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi: Transfer to Bwindi with en-route stops at Uganda Equator and at the Mpabire traditional drum makers.
You will be picked up after early morning breakfast at 6:00 am at your hotel and be briefed by your safari guide. After getting comfortable in the 4×4 safari car, you will commence on this 8 -9-hour journey covering about 520km. During this amazing journey, you will enjoy exciting road stops at Mpambire drum center and have an encounter with local artists as they manufacture a wide variety of local musical instruments such as the drums, African chairs. Your next en’ route stop will be done at the Equator which is 77km from Kampala where you get to have an equator experience on how to differentiate the Northern from the Southern hemispheres and also have a photo moment.
From here you will proceed with the journey to Igongo country hotel for a locally prepared lunch buffet after which you will go to Bwindi passing through the beautiful landscape tamed by locals growing bananas and other crops on the slopes of these hills. You will see local people carrying riding bicycles loaded with farm produces such bananas, women carrying their children monkey style as they have them strapped in their backs. Your next stop will be made at the Great Lakes Museum in Kabale where you get to encounter the African tree of life, made of different sculptures that depict the different forms of life of Africans. You may take a moment a pose for photos before you continue with the rest of your journey to the lodge in Bwindi.
Shortstops will be made along the way for bathroom and photo sessions of the landscape as well as long as you feel like-just let your guide know!
The highlight of the day: Equator experience and visit to the Mpambire traditional drum makers.
- Top-Notch / Exclusive: Gorilla Forest Camp/ Buhoma Lodge
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Haven Lodge Buhoma / Chameleon Hill Lodge
- Mid-range/ Moderate: Gorilla Mist Lodge /Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
- Budget/ Basic: Trekkers Tavern Ruhija / Buhoma community Rest camp
Meal Plan: Lunch & Dinner
Drive distance &time: Approx. 520km or 8-9hours
Activities & Services:-
- Transfer to Bwindi
- Equator experience
- Lunch at the Igongo Cultural Center
Day 2 of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi: Undertake mountain gorilla trekking & transfer to Lake Bunyonyi.
On this day, you will have an early morning breakfast and be picked up by your guide for the amazing gorilla trekking experience in the Bwindi forest. Dressed in appropriate gorilla trekking attire you will depart from the lodge with your packed lunch and gather at the park headquarters offices for a briefing by the warden who will allocate you into groups of 8 per gorilla family. He will take you through the history of gorilla conservation in this particular park sector and gorilla trekking rules and regulations. While here you will enjoy a cultural performance from the local Batwa people who will showcase their traditional dance and musical skills. With armed game rangers behind your group and in the lead, you will embark on the gorilla trek, searching for your allocated gorilla family. Along the way, you will see bird species and other primates here such as the Black and white colobus monkeys, L’hoest monkeys, different species of lizards such as the 3 horned chameleons, and many more.
Upon seeing the gorillas, you will be granted a full hour with these Mountain Gorillas to interact with them as they go about their daily lives and if you’re lucky you might get to see the young gorillas break the 7-meter rule as they get closure to you to have you incorporated in their games. After the full hour contact with these gorillas, you will transfer back to the park headquarters where you get awarded a gorilla trekking certificate for your successful Africa gorilla trek in Uganda. From here, transfer to Lake Bunyonyi where you get to relax on a canoe ride viewing the scenery in a beautiful tropical gem of the Kigezi highland, you will be fascinated by the tranquil waters of this lake and the numerous islands that are dotted all over this lake making it a tourist haven.
You will be given the historic facts behind several of these islands such as the Akampene island also known as the Punishment Island where young girls who had got pregnant were thrown and left to die alone of starvation, the upside-down island, etc, from this boat cruise, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
The highlight of the day: Tracking the rare highly sought out for Mountain Gorillas and enjoying the beauty and history of Lake Bunyonyi.
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Birds nest @ Bunyonyi
- Mid-range/ Moderate: Lake Bunyonyi Rock Resort
- Budget/ Basic: Lake Bunyonyi Rock Resort
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Drive distance &time: Approx. 55-85 or 1-2 hours
Activities & Services:-
- Gorilla trekking
- Boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi
- Gorilla Habituation
Day 3 of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Trek Bwindi Tour: Transfer from Lake Bunyonyi to Kampala
Today begins as the sky starts to lighten and the morning chorus of birdsong awakens you. After a relaxing cup of Ugandan coffee on the deck of the lodge, you will embark on a hike to the top of the world point here which takes you 2200meters above sea level and if you manage to get to the top your efforts will be rewarded with spectacular views of the entire Lake Bunyonyi which will forever be imprinted in your memory. While at the top you will take time off to catch your breath and enjoy a picnic breakfast that comes with a warm cup of coffee or tea & an assortment of snacks while you appreciate nature’s beauty and also re-energize before you slope down.
After this, unfortunately, you will pack your bags and check out leaving this wonderful lake and embark on the transfer to Kampala 420km and Entebbe 470km. During this 470km return journey to Entebbe, you will drive through the beautiful rolling hills, local men carrying farm produce on their bicycles and heads headed towards the nearest local markets. You will make an en’ route stop for lunch at Igongo country hotel for a lunch buffet and if you wish, you will try out the Ishabwe dish wish is the region’s local delicacy. From you will here proceed with the rest of your return journey to Entebbe airport where your 3 day Uganda gorilla safari tour and you fly back home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
Drive distance & time: Approx. 450km or 7-8 hours
Activities & services:-
- Transfer back to Kampala
- Traditional Lunch buffet at Igongo country hotel
END of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – SAFARI INCLUSIONS:-
Full-time English professional safari driver-guide
4×4 safari van/ 4×4 Safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing with functional A/C
Full board accommodation
Gorilla & chimpanzee trekking permit fees
Boat cruise fees
Wi-Fi Internet on board the safari vehicle
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – SAFARI EXCLUSIONS:-
- International &domestic flight fees
- Visa fees
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities and tips
- Other beverages/ drinks
- Other extras not mentioned in the itinerary above
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – GETTING THERE
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – PRICE PER PERSON
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – RELATED SAFARI ACCOMMODATION
RELATED 3 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI TOUR ITINERARIES- Tour Packages
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- – Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- – Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- – Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- – Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- – Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- – Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- – Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- – Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- – Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- – Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- – Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
- – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- – Queen Elizabeth Uganda Safari 3 days
- – 3 days Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Gorilla Tracking safaris in Uganda 6 days
- – Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 day
- – Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- – Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- – Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- – Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- – Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- – Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- – Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- – Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- – Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
- – Kampala City Tour
- – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- – Entebbe City Short Tour
- – Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- – White Water Rafting
- – Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- – Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- – Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
- – 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- – 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- – 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- – 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- – 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- – 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- – Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- – 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Bwindi – GORILLA TREKKING TIPS:-
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should ready yourself for a long walk and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Smoking while inside the forest is strictly forbidden
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge
- As you prepare to come for your Uganda gorilla adventure, please do some exercises so that you prepare your body for gorilla trekking which can last between 3-8 hours
- In case you can’t walk for a very long time, you shouldn’t really worry about not being able to do gorilla trekking because there are potters who can carry you throughout at a small extra cost.
- Carry your sunscreen lotion to keep your skin safe from the tropical heat & sun rays
- When you get to the gorillas, don’t make noise because this agitates the gorillas
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
Gorilla trekking packing list
- Plenty of water
- A rain poncho
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Gardening gloves
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters/ shirts
- A photography camera
- Insect Repellant
- Sunscreen and Sunglasses
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS…..ANSWERED:
- What are the Best times seeing Gorillas in Bwindi Forest National Park
Best Season: June to August and December to February
- Rains are lesser and thus tracks are less slippery
- Offers better photography opportunities
- Better experience since the views are clearer
Worst Season: April, May September and November
- Higher rainfall is expected
- Trails become slippery and muddy
- In case of a heavy downpour, your experience will be ruined as the Gorilla can remain static shielding themselves from it
- It tends to be misty and thus affecting photography
- During rainy seasons, roads leading lodges in Bwindi National park can become impassable
For more information about gorilla trekking tips, please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
Make an inquiry!
At Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd, your safety is our utmost priority. We have thus undertaken the necessary safety measures in compliance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures by the Governments of ALL African countries in which we operate with a goal of protecting our customers while travelling and on their Africa safari. The following guidelines will be applicable for your Safari in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo and other African Countries.
People who always support & endorse our work