Amajambere Iwacu Community Camp
Amajambere Iwacu Community Camp is a Mgahinga National Park Budget Lodge located at the entrance to Mgahinga National Park and is only 12 km from the southwestern town of Kisoro, near the Rwandan border.
At the camp, visitors on a Uganda tour can enjoy the magnificent views of the famous Virunga Volcanoes and take part in monkey trekking as it is located at the starting point for golden monkey trekking through the National Park and other Uganda Safaris.
Apart from providing accommodation for tourists, this is one of the Uganda Safari Lodges that supports community-based initiatives such as a handicraft group for women.
Amajambere Iwacu Community Camp Rooms
Guests can choose between the Campsite, Dormitories or Bandas. The camp has a wide area for camping as well as five Bandas of which two serve as dormitories.
The spacious gathering shelter with indoor and outdoor dining serves typical Ugandan meals and has a well-stocked canteen serving beers, sodas, snacks, and basic essentials.
- Campsites, the campsite accommodates 20 people and Includes self-catering. There are two camping areas at the Community Camp, both areas can accommodation 20 people with their own tents.
- Dormitories: there are 6 dormitories, and each can sleep up to 12 people on bunk beds.
- Bandas: there are two Bandas, and each has a double bed and is set in the lush garden.
- En-suite Bandas; there are two self-contained Bandas with two single beds and an en-suite bathroom.
Facilities at Iwacu Community Camp Rooms
- Restaurant on Premises
- Parking on Premises
- Outdoor dining serves typical Ugandan meals and has a well-stocked canteen serving beers, sodas, snacks, and basic essentials.