Deriving its name from the historic English explorer Samuel Baker, Baker’s Lodge is situated on the South bank of the mighty Nile River. This intimate, safari styled lodge is set within a large private area with direct river access, large shady trees and wetland areas hosting abundant birdlife along the water’s edge.
Accommodation at Baker’s lodge includes;
- A total of 10 spacious and comfortable rooms reflecting local building style with grass thatched roofs, private wooden balconies, and sitting area.
- Each of the individual thatched safari suites is raised from the ground on supporting pillars with its own deck overlooking the river.
- Care has been taken to ensure each of the suites has privacy as well as excellent views either up or downstream.
- The large, airy facilities are fan-cooled, have netted windows with opening options, and customised solid wooden furniture, hanging mosquito nets and especially selected locally crafted items for the accessories.
- The en-suite bathrooms are open plan with solar hot water showers and baths with a view in some units.
- Solar lighting completes the services for this eco-friendly top quality establishment.
Facilities and services offered at Baker’s lodge include;
- Thatched central lounge, bar and dining area; raised with wooden decks all around, allowing guests to savour the morning sunrise for breakfast, sunset in the evening with 180-degree river views and the cool breezes thereof.
- Full multi-course dining with choices are offered as well as a good selection of wines and other bar items
- Hot beverages are available throughout the day on a self-service basis, but, are delivered to your cottage with an early morning wake up calls as required.
- Swimming pool; offers a welcome option to cool off from the day’s activities and enjoy the sunset views.
- A curio shop is on-site with a range of local crafts for sale.