GOOD NEWS AS TOURISTS VISIT TO GAME PARKS INCREASES-UGANDA SAFARI NEWS

Home>>Posts>>GOOD NEWS AS TOURISTS VISIT TO GAME PARKS INCREASES-UGANDA SAFARI NEWS

monkeys uganda safariUganda has ten National Parks which are homes to diverse wildlife species which is leading to increase safaris to Uganda. Ever since the creation of Uganda wildlife Authority, visitors to Uganda’s national parks have not increased up to this level in 2014. Uganda safaris have an increase in the number of visitor to her protected areas by 17.5% according to Ameso, UWA’s marketing and research officer.  This percentage increase was attributed to the solar eclipse an event that attracted many tourists to Murchison falls National Park.

Uganda with her unmatched attractions such as the mountain gorillas and adding the accolades showered on Uganda by the travel magazines including the lonely Planet projected Uganda into the global spotlight and thus increasing safaris to Uganda.

Kidepo National Park which was less visited has received an increase in the number of tourist dramatically. The park was listed by CNN among the top 10 parks in Africa to visit. The national park has diverse wildlife species surrounded by the Karamojong Pastoralist with a very rich culture which tourists in Uganda Safari derive Satisfaction from.

According to Ameso, the increase number of visitors was from 182,149 in 2012 to 213,949 and amounting to 17.5% with foreigners contributing to 43% and with local residents and East Africans contributing to the remaining 57% thus a great increase in safaris to Uganda.

Murchison falls National Park has attracted the highest number of Uganda safaris followed by Queen Elizabeth national park and the less visited park coming third after the pristine National Parks.

Lake Mburo National Park which is being develop for domestic tourism by the top wildlife agency, African wildlife Foundation and USAID was the least visited park.

Uganda safaris/Uganda safari News

Prime Uganda safaris & Tours Ltd safari News

July 24th, 2014|Safari News|