Budongo Eco Lodge
Budongo Eco Lodge is nestled in the heart of Budongo Forest, within the boundaries of Murchison Falls National Park. The lodge features comfortable eco-cabins with private veranda, four spacious dorm rooms, a visitor’s center and restaurant.
these 5 intimate cabins are perfectly blending with the natural environment. They are connected by well-maintained walking paths and constructed with traditional materials for a low environmental impact.
Each cabin has a private deck that overlooks the surrounding forest and its rich (bird) life. The rooms are spacious and bright, with large twin or double beds and a sitting area. En suite is a fully equipped bathroom with a wash table, shower and separate composting toilet.
four comfortable dormitory rooms for large groups, each with 2 double-deckers; the bunk beds are provided with a mosquito net. Adjacent to the dormitory rooms is a common shower and toilet block with hot and cold running water.
Facilities at Budongo Eco Lodge include;
- Restaurant; with cold soda, hot snack, excellent fresh-brewed Ugandan coffee. The restaurant offers a variety of traditional and international meals that will be served outside on the terrace, while enjoying the magical forest that encloses the lodge.
- Visitor’s Centre; at the main reception area, is an ideal place to relax and read a book. The visitor’s center also displays a selection of different animal skeletons, fossils and snares that were found in the forest, used by poachers.
- Craft Shop; offering a small yet excellent selection of Uganda’s crafts and gifts. The products vary from handmade postcards and paper-beaded necklaces to guidebooks, hand-woven baskets and paper craft notebooks. The handcrafts are made by local women using natural materials with simple and colourful designs.
- Adapters: Cameras and mobiles can be charged at the reception in the visitor’s centre.
- Power supply; main lodge and rooms are equipped with solar powered electricity.
- Free WIFI available in the public areas