Buhoma Lodge is situated 5 minutes away from the briefing area at the entrance of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The lodge offers you a true jungle experience while on your Uganda gorilla trekking tours with beautiful sights of the forest cover and singing from the different bird species which call it home.
Accommodation at Buhoma Lodge comprises;
- Ten comfortable chalets individually designed and carefully built using locally sourced materials.
- Inside the spacious chalets, there are large, comfortable beds and everything you need to make yourself at home.
- The well-appointed and roomy en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet contains a rain shower with a copious supply of hot water and equipped with locally produced natural ranges of complimentary bathroom amenities.
- Some chalets also offer a bath-tub for relaxation and enjoyment after the day’s activities.
- Each Chalet is fitted with insect-proof window screens, eco-friendly solar lighting, and a secure safe.
- The family/honeymoon chalet, in addition to all of the above, also features a separate lounge room with an open fireplace.
Facilities and services at Buhoma Lodge include;
- The lodge has an open-air lounge and well-stocked bar that offers guests both soft and hard drinks.
- Tea/coffee is available throughout the day at the restaurant. The lodge also delivers early morning wake up calls to the chalets as required.
- The restaurant offers four-course meals prepared by the excellent kitchen staff with some ingredients directly sourced from the community.
- The lodge offers free Wi-Fi.
- The bar area has recharging facilities at the central area provided for guests to recharge their phones, camera batteries, laptops and other portable electronic devices.
- Guests staying overnight at the lodge are offered a complimentary massage per stay by the lodge’s trained in house masseuse which is a nice way to relax and let loose after the day’s activities.
- Each chalet has a private telephone service for the guests just in case room service is needed.
- The lodge has a curio shop with local community made crafts; most of the crafts at the curio shop are handmade.
- The water supply at the lodge is gravity fed.