Engagi Lodge is a modern lodge in a breathtaking setting offering stunning views over the forest canopy. The lodge is situated in a large tract of land contiguous to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and runs from the main road to the Park Headquarters down to the Munyaga River. The lodge has been built using local materials and is constructed from rocks found in and around the site and eucalyptus trees while the rooms are thatched from banana fibre sourced from local farmers.
Accommodation at Bwindi Engagi Lodge includes;
A total of 8 en-suite cottages, spaced out and hidden in the foliage
Each cottage has either double or twin beds, a bathroom with flushing toilets and hot and cold running water.
All have private verandahs where guests can enjoy their morning tea or coffee as they watch out over the forest canopy.
The lodge building is big enough to cater for larger groups but still allows for smaller individual groups to spread out in the different areas for privacy.
Facilities and services at Engagi Lodge
- Main lodge building; divided into a bar cum sitting room, the dining room and a large outdoor verandah viewing platform
- Kitchen, built away from the lodge to ensure privacy, prepares a variety of 3-course meals and clients requirements (e.g. Vegetarians) catered for by a team of experienced trained chefs
- Electricity; is provided by solar power with a back-up generator.
- Hot water; is supplied by eco-friendly wood burning boilers.
- A large secure parking area;