Bwindi Guest House
For travelers on a budget Uganda Gorilla Safari, Bwindi Guest House is a perfect Budget Safari Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
It is located at the Buhoma sector northwards of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
It is situated near the park gate and is in the ideal location for enjoying all that this region of Uganda has to offer travelers on a Uganda Safari Tour.
It is owned and operated by a local hospital. This is one of the Uganda Safari Lodges that supports the work of doctors and volunteers within the Hospital, Nursing School, and Batwa Development Program
The Guest House is available to host not just hospital volunteers but all guests who are looking for an affordable, safe, and friendly environment in which to stay as they explore all the region has to offer.
Accommodation at Bwindi Guest House includes
Bwindi Guest House is comprised of 6 different houses, each of a different size and configuration to meet the needs of the various individuals, families and groups.
- This is located on the hillside above the Hospital and offers 3 bedrooms, 3 shared bathrooms and main dining room space.
- The backyard garden area of the Monkey House is visited almost daily by a troop of energetic Red Tail monkeys.
- It is an open-air Banda built of timber, poles and roofed with banana fiber for outdoor seating and enjoyment of the park’s wildlife.
Blackie Shacky House
- This located adjacent to the Monkey House and it is often chosen or offered as a private home for those who want a little more alone time.
- It is a great small family cottage, couples room or peaceful respite.
- It consists of one bedroom with timber and pole construction, a Queen Bed & outdoor seating on the back porch.
- The room has a shower and toilet.
Lower Gorilla House
- This is located on a separate property bordering Bwindi Impenetrable Forest it offers the best location and view of any of our homes.
- It features 2 bedrooms, one bathroom and a small kitchen.
- It can host two couples, a family or a large group of up to 10 if needed.
- The Lower Gorilla has a large balcony facing the forest and is able to serve meals outside or in the dining room.
- It has hot showers, solar electricity, and limited internet connection.
- Meals are served on-site for tourists
Paul and Barbara’s House
- This house offers a studio style room with an open kitchen, enclosed toilet area and a spacious balcony overlooking the forest.
- The home has solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- It is located below the village of Nkwenda it is a very short five-minute walk to the offices of Uganda Wildlife Authority and gorilla trekking.
- It is a great home for couples, singles, or a small family and can be configured to host up to four people.
Middle Gorilla House
- This is a simple cabin with one large bedroom made of poles, timber floor, king size bed, comfortable seating and a small balcony.
- It has a private toilet, sink and shower overlooking the forest located outside on the balcony.
- There is solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- It also offers its own small gas cooker for guests to boil water for tea/coffee or prepare a simple meal.
- Meals are served at the Lower Gorilla House on the same property or offered at the Monkey House down the road.
Upper Gorilla House
- This house features a similar design to Blackie Shacky and Middle Gorilla.
- It was constructed using natural poles, timbers and a woven fibre ceiling.
- It has simple bedroom space with a King size bed, desk, chair and outdoor enclosed toilet and shower on the deck.
- The house offers solar electricity and running hot/cold water.
- Meals offered at the Lower Gorilla House or Monkey House in Buhoma.