Elephant Plains Lodge
Elephant Plains is located on the most spectacular view point in the whole of Queen Elizabeth National Park. It is perched 941 meters above sea level, high upon the western escarpment of the Albertine rift in the north east of the park, the lodge offers panoramic views stretching for miles over the huge open grasslands to lake George. It is nestled next to beautiful lake Kikorongo.
Accommodation at Elephant Plains Lodge include;
- Six (6) spacious double/twin en-suite cottages with large private verandas and huge glass windows to take advantage of the incredible views.
- An additional 2 family cottages offer accommodation in 2 separate en-suite bedrooms with plenty of space for up to 5 people.
- All the cottages have large bath tubs as well as showers and are spaced out along the hill top offering privacy and tranquility.
- All the rooms overlook lake Kikorongo where from your veranda you can see elephants and buffaloes come to drink.
Facilities and services at Elephant Plains Lodge include;
- An extensive lounge with comfortable couches and intimate seating areas that take in the wonderful views under the cooling breeze rolling in off lake George.
- The Bar is well stocked, with a wine cellar and has bistro style seating for a more informal experience.
- The spacious restaurant has an outside dining deck with 270 degree views serving an international menu inspired by local flavors, all presented with the warmest hospitality from a professional team.
- Eco friendly swimming pool for guests to cool off at the end of the day
- Solar powered electricity