2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – SAFARI OVERVIEW.
The 2 day Uganda gorilla tour from Kigali Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is an amazing 2 days gorilla trek in Uganda tour via Kigali Rwanda to Mgahinga Park in Uganda. This 2 days gorilla tour in Uganda starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda, to enable you to reduce the driving distance to only 4-5 hours’ drive to get to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Mgahinga Gorilla Park is Uganda’s second gorilla habitat after Bwindi Impenetrable and is home to one habituated gorilla family named Nyakagezi. However, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is part of the greater Virunga massif where 604 Mountain Gorillas which is more than half of their remaining world population is known to thrive.
The 2 day Uganda gorilla tour from Kigali also offers you an opportunity to explore Kigali City and a scenic drive through the green and lush gently rolling hills of Rwanda and Uganda as you travois through the colourful towns and villages sighting locals as they go through their daily routines. This short Uganda gorilla safari adventure can be arranged based on budget, midrange, or luxury accommodation options and can be customized further to suit your safari interests but suitable for travellers aged 15 years and above.
Tell us your interests in this 2 days Uganda gorilla trek from Kigali. Once you tell us your wishes, we shall give you exactly that and much more-Let we plan together!
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – SAFARI PRIME ACTIVITIES.
Having a spectacular encounter with the amazing Mountain Gorillas
Enjoying a Kigali city tour drive
Interacting with the local communities
Enjoying the beautiful scenic drive through the rolling hills of Rwanda during your transfers from Kigali and back
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour Mgahinga Gorilla National Park From Kigali – FEATURED UGANDA SAFARI PARKS/DESTINATION.
Day 1 & 2: Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS.
Day 1: Enjoy a Kigali city tour and transfer to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking & Transfer Back to Kigali.
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY.
Day 1 of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga: Transfer from Kigali to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
On this day, you will be picked up early in the morning at 8:00 am by our safari driver guide in a 4×4 safari car. After exchanging pleasantries, the safari driver-guide will take you through a short briefing about the entire tour and help you load your bags into the vehicle. After this, you leave the lodge and commence on the tour with a sightseeing drive through Kigali city. During this drive, you’re set to visit attraction sites such as the Kigali genocide museum which is the final resting place to over a quarter a million Rwandans who were brutally killed during the 1994 Rwandan Genocide as well as numerous war artifacts.
You will also visit the Caplaki craft market as well as the Kimironko market and have a Rwandan shopping experience as well as interact with the locals. From here you can also pass by the Inema art gallery to see how the young Rwandan generation is envisioning this country through their stunning works of art. You will settle in for a lunch at one of the restaurants in Kigali. After having lunch you will embark on a 3-4 hours’ drive covering 140km to Mgahinga National Park Uganda.
This drive from Kigali will take you through several rolling hills of Rwanda’s countryside and this will give a fair understanding as to why this country is normally referred to as the land of thousand hills. Along the way, you will meet several locals engaging in different activities such as tilling their lands or riding bicycles to the next trading center. The crossing to Uganda comes with a change in the comfort of the drive as the roads leading to Mgahinga are murram roads hence giving you an opportunity to experience an African massage. After a drive about 4-5 hours, you will be welcomed to the lodge by warm, friendly, and all smiling Ugandan faces that will usher you into your room. After freshening up you will settle for dinner and relax the night off in preparation if the next day’s gorilla encounter.
The highlight of the day: An impressive drive through Kigali city to Mgahinga and interacting with the locals.
Luxury: Mount Gahinga Lodge / Chameleon Hill Lodge
Midrange /Moderate: Lake Chahafi Resort / Muntandala Lake Resort
Budget/ Basic: Travellers Rest Kisoro / Mucha Hotel
Day 2 of the 2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga: Trek Mountain Gorillas and Transfer back to Kigali.
After breakfast, dressed in Gorilla tracking attire you leave the lodge with packed picnic lunch and gather at Ntebeko Visitor Center or the Muhabura side depending on where the gorillas will be that day to catch up with briefing at 8 am led by the UWA Park rangers trekking the Nyakagyezi gorilla group. After the briefing, you will connect to the trailhead and start the gorilla trek passing through dense vegetation perched on steep slopes of the Virunga Volcanoes. Mgahinga Gorilla National Park shelters three (3) of the eight (8) Virunga Volcanoes namely; Mount Muhabura, Mount Gahinga and Mount Sabyinyo with their peaks inside the park.
You explore these impressive slopes gaining scenic views of the region, exploring flora and fauna not forgetting a myriad of birds before coming across the critically endangered apes as they forage, the young ones playing and rolling themselves on tree branches and the silverback demonstrating their mighty dominance. Once you find the Gorillas you will be given one hour to interact with the Gorillas which is a rewarding moment to explore the gorilla in detail and take as many pictures and videos or even notes as you can. The advantage of trekking Gorillas in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is that it has open vegetation which makes Gorilla viewing and photo-taking much better compared to other densely forested parks.
You will retreat from this activity which tends to last 2 – 8 hours then transfer back to Kigali to mark the end of the 2-day Uganda gorilla tour from Kigali to Mgahinga National Park. Drop off can be at your Kigali hotel or airport depending on your plans.
The highlight of the day: A successful Gorilla trek and staying close with the beautiful Mountain Gorillas in Mgahinga Forest.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Packed picnic lunch Lunch
Drive distance & time: Approx. 140km or 4-5 hours
Activities and Services: –
- Gorilla trekking
- Transfer to Kigali
END of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – SAFARI INCLUSSIONS:-
Full-time English professional safari driver-guide
4×4 safari van/ 4×4 Safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing with functional A/C
Full board accommodation
Gorilla & chimpanzee trekking permit fees
Boat cruise fees
Wi-Fi Internet on board the safari vehicle
2 Day Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – SAFARI EXCLUSSIONS:-
- International &domestic flight fees
- Visa fees
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities and tips
- Other beverages/ drinks
- Other extras not mentioned in the itinerary above
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – GETTING THERE
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – PRICE PER PERSON:-
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
2 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – RELATED SAFARI ACCOMMODATION:-
RELATED 2 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI ITINERARIES – Tour Packages
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- – Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- – Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- – Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- – Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- – Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- – Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- – Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- – Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- – Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- – Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- – Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
- – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- – Queen Elizabeth Uganda Safari 3 days
- – 3 days Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Gorilla Tracking safaris in Uganda 6 days
- – Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 day
- – Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- – Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- – Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- – Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- – Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- – Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- – Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- – Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- – Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
- – Kampala City Tour
- – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- – Entebbe City Short Tour
- – Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- – White Water Rafting
- – Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- – Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- – Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
- – 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- – 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- – 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- – 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- – 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- – 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- – Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- – 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
2 Days Gorilla Uganda Tour From Kigali Mgahinga – GORILLA TREKKING TIPS:-
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should ready yourself for a long walk and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Smoking while inside the forest is strictly forbidden
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge
- As you prepare to come for your Uganda gorilla adventure, please do some exercises so that you prepare your body for gorilla trekking which can last between 3-8 hours
- In case you can’t walk for a very long time, you shouldn’t really worry about not being able to do gorilla trekking because there are potters who can carry you throughout at a small extra cost.
- Carry your sunscreen lotion to keep your skin safe from the tropical heat & sun rays
- When you get to the gorillas, don’t make noise because this agitates the gorillas
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
2 Days Gorilla Uganda Trip From Kigali Mgahinga – IMPORTANT SAFARI INFORMATION:-
- This safari requires some physical fitness as Gorilla tracking can at times be strenuous
- Pre and Post safari accommodation can be booked for you at an additional fee
- The age limit is 15years and above
- We shall observe the COVID SOPs and government directives
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Note that this itinerary is a suggestion and can be further customized to suit your desire. Whatever your preference is, please let us know and we shall advise /adjust accordingly.
- Post safari accommodation for the last night after the tour can be arranged at an extra fee upon request during the booking process.
East African visa.
Can be applied prior to arrival through your nearest Rwanda/ Uganda Embassy or through the online portal. Also available on arrival at Kigali International Airport, subject to long queues (We do not recommend this method)
- Make an inquiry!
At Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd, your safety is our utmost priority. We have thus undertaken the necessary safety measures in compliance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures by the Governments of ALL African countries in which we operate with a goal of protecting our customers while travelling and on their Africa safari. The following guidelines will be applicable for your Safari in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo and other African Countries.