2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – SAFARI OVERVIEW
The 2 Days Uganda gorilla trekking from Kigali Bwindi is a 2 days Uganda gorilla safari through Kigali to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park presenting an exciting opportunity for mountain gorilla trekking in Uganda within the shortest time possible. It helps reduce the long drive distance of approximately 8-9 hours’ from Entebbe to Bwindi National park and is suitable for travellers that are staying in Rwanda but with interest in tracking Gorillas at the lower rate of 700$ in Bwindi National park compared to the 1500$ rate of Volcanoes National Park Rwanda.
This incredible 2 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari from Kigali also comes along with a Kigali City tour drive in which you will be visiting some of the best attractions sites within the capital of Rwanda. This short gorilla tour offers you a rewarding encounter with the critically endangered Mountain Gorillas in the hilly forested landscapes of Bwindi dubbed the Impenetrable and fascinating sightseeing of the Virunga Volcanoes and Kigezi Highlands. This can be arranged under luxury, midrange and budget lodging options can be customized further to meet your safari interests and are suitable for the age rages of 15years and above. If you have limited time and your main desire is to come face to face with Mountain Gorilla, this is a good safari plan for you and it is affordable!
We will wait to hear from you about your interests concerning this 2 Days Uganda gorilla trekking safari from Kigali and we shall make it your way.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – SAFARI PRIME ACTIVITIES
Having an up-close encounter with the Mountain Gorillas
The impressive Kigali city tour drive
Scenic views of the rolling hills as you transfer to and from Kigali
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – FEATURED SAFARI PARKS/DESTINATIONS:-
Day 1 & 2: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS:-
Day 1: Enjoy a Kigali City tour and drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla trekking & transfer back to Kigali City or airport
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – DETAILED SAFARI ITINERARY:-
Day 1 of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi: Enjoy a Kigali City tour, drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
This safari kicks off with pickup at 8:00 am from your hotel or Kigali airport by our driver-guide. You will commence this safari with a Kigali City tour, which will include a visit to the Genocide museum. This museum is home to the 1994 Rwandan genocide artefacts and also doubles as a burial place to over a quarter-million people who were buried here. You will also visit the local markets like the Caplaki craft market as well as the Kimironko market to see how shopping in a Rwandan market is done and interact with the local community. If you’re interested you can take this opportunity to purchase memorabilia with the guidance of your guide due to his ability to negotiate for an appropriate price since he has an idea of the right price ranges. You will settle for lunch in one of the restaurants of Kigali before you embark on a 160km or 4-5 hours’ drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Katuna or Chanika border. During this drive, you will enjoy remarkable sightseeing of Rwandan hillsides and Kigezi highlands arriving at Bwindi National Park in the evening. You will proceed and check-in at your lodge for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
The highlight of the day: An impressive scenic drive through Kigali city to Bwindi
- Top-Notch / Exclusive: Gorilla Forest Camp/ Buhoma Lodge
- Luxury/ Upmarket: Haven Lodge Buhoma
- Mid-range/ Moderate: Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
- Budget/ Basic: Trekkers Tavern Ruhija
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Activities & Services: –
- Kigali city tour
- Transfer to Bwindi
Day 2 of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali: Do Mountain Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & transfer back to Kigali.
After your breakfast, dressed in recommended Gorilla tracking attire, and with your packed lunch, you will gather at the respective regional park headquarters for briefing and group allocation. Group allocation is done based on age, physical fitness, and interests. Please inform your guide about your interests prior to group allocation so that he liaises with the ranger to get an appropriate group for you. At 8:00 am you will eventual start of the gorilla trekking encounter following the trails and nests of the respective gorilla family you are tracking as you traverse Bwindi Impenetrable forest. Bwindi hills are forested with mature trees and dense undergrowth that have earned it the name Impenetrable.
The gorilla trek in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable forest tends to last 2 – 8 hours inclusive of the one (1) hour given to you to interact with the Mountian Gorillas. Seeing the critically endangered apes as they forage, socialize, the young gorillas rolling themselves on tree branches and the Silverback demonstrating his authority is a moment of wonder that derives remarkable excitement. Retreat from the activity and transfer to Kigali driving through the fascinating landscapes of Kigezi Highlands dubbed the Switzerland of Africa and Rwanda’s rolling hills that have earned her a dub as the land of a thousand hills! You will be dropped off at the airport or Hotel depending on your plan.
The highlight of the day: A face to face encounter with the famous Mountain gorillas.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Packed picnic Lunch
Drive distance & time: Approx. 140km or 4-5 hours
Activities and Services: –
- Gorilla trekking
- Transfer to Kigali
End of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali to Bwindi.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – SAFARI INCLUSSIONS:-
Full-time English professional safari driver-guide
4×4 safari van/ 4×4 Safari land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing with functional A/C
Full board accommodation
Gorilla & chimpanzee trekking permit fees
Boat cruise fees
Wi-Fi Internet on board the safari vehicle
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – SAFARI EXCLUSIONS:-
- International &domestic flight fees
- Visa fees
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Gratuities and tips
- Other beverages/ drinks
- Other extras not mentioned in the itinerary above
Getting there for the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – PRICE PER PERSON
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – RELATED SAFARI ACCOMMODATION:-
RELATED 2 DAY UGANDA SAFARI ITINERARIES – Tour Packages
- – Gorilla Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Wildlife 4 days
- – Gorillas & Wildlife Uganda Safari Tour 5 days
- – Primate Trekking Uganda Safari 6 days
- – Gorilla trekking Safari Tour 8 days
- – Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Uganda Safari tour 9 days
- – 9 days Wilderness Camping Gorilla safari in Uganda
- – Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda & Chimps 10 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla Safari 11 Days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Safari 13 days
- – Birding & Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari 14 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Uganda Safari-Kibale 3 days
- – Uganda Safari Tour-Chimpanzees & Wild Life 5 days
- – Primate Safari in Uganda 6 days
- -Chimps Trekking & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Gorilla Trekking & Chimps Safari in Uganda 10 days
- – Queen Elizabeth National Park Wildlife Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Murchison Falls National Park Uganda safari Tour 3 days
- – Kibale Forest National Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Bwindi & Queen Elizabeth Uganda safari 4 days
- – Game Viewing Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Murchison Falls & Kibale Uganda safari- 5 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Wildlife Tour in Uganda 8 days
- – Enjoy Agro Safaris in Uganda
- – Mountain Elgon Hiking Uganda Tour -8 days
- – Rwenzori Mountain Hiking safari in Uganda 9 days
- – Wildlife Camping Safari in Uganda 14 days
- – Birding Safari in Uganda 7 days
- – Birding Africa Safari in Uganda 21 days
- – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Gorilla Safari Trek in Uganda 3 days
- – Queen Elizabeth Uganda Safari 3 days
- – 3 days Murchison Falls Park
- – Chimpanzee trekking Safari in Uganda 5 days
- – Gorilla Tracking safaris in Uganda 6 days
- – Chimps & Wildlife Safari in Uganda 6 day
- – Bwindi Gorilla Tracking Safari in Uganda 3 days
- – Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda Kibale-3 days
- – Gorilla Trekking safari & Wildlife in Uganda 5 days
- – Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda- 5 days
- – Uganda Primate Safari 6 days
- – Chimpanzee Tracking & Wildlife safari in Uganda 6 days
- – Uganda Rwanda Gorilla trekking Safari 8 days
- – Wildlife Safari in Uganda 8 days
- – Wildlife & Primates trekking Uganda Safari 9 days
- – Wilderness Camp Safari 9 days
- – Uganda Safari to Gorillas & Chimpanzee trekking- 10 days
- – Uganda & Rwanda Gorilla safari- 13 days
- – Birding Watching Safari in Uganda- 14 days
- – Uganda Birding Watching Safari -21 days
- – Kampala City Tour
- – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Tour
- – Entebbe City Short Tour
- – Jinja Source of the Nile Tour
- – White Water Rafting
- – Uganda Short Safari to Lake Mburo NP
- – Sipi Falls safari in Uganda
- – Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion
- – 1 Days Fishing trip to Lake Victoria in Uganda
- – 1 Day Jinja Fishing Tour in Uganda
- – 3 Days Uganda Fishing & Wildlife Safari
- – 4 Days Luxury Fishing and Wildlife safari in Uganda
- – 5 Days Uganda Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria and Ssese Islands
- – 7 Days Luxury Fishing Safari in Uganda
- – Fishing Safari to Lake Victoria, Ssese Islands & Murchison Falls NP
- – 9 Days Nile Perch Fishing Safari in Uganda
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – GORILLA TREKKING TIPS:-
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should ready yourself for a long walk and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Smoking while inside the forest is forbidden
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge
- As you prepare to come for your Uganda gorilla adventure, please do some exercises so that you prepare your body for gorilla trekking which can last between 3-8 hours
- In case you can’t walk for a very long time, you shouldn’t really worry about not being able to do gorilla trekking because there are potters who can carry you throughout at a small extra cost.
- Carry your sunscreen lotion to keep your skin safe from the tropical heat & sun rays
- When you get to the gorillas, don’t make noise because this agitates the gorillas
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips, please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking From Kigali Bwindi – IMPORTANT INFORMATION:-
- This safari requires some physical fitness as Gorilla tracking can at times be strenuous
- Pre and Post safari accommodation can be booked for you at an additional fee
- The age limit is 15years and above
- We shall observe the COVID SOPs and government directives
- For more information about gorilla trekking tips please follow these links to read more about gorilla trekking tips and advice.
- Note that this itinerary is a suggestion and can be further customized to suit your desire. Whatever your preference is, please let us know and we shall advise /adjust accordingly.
- Post safari accommodation for the last night after the tour can be arranged at an extra fee upon request during the booking process.
- Visa information
East African visa.
Can be applied prior to arrival through your nearest Rwanda/ Uganda Embassy or through the online portal. Also available on arrival at Kigali International Airport, subject to long queues (We do not recommend this method)
- Make an inquiry!
At Prime Safaris and Tours Ltd, your safety is our utmost priority. We have thus undertaken the necessary safety measures in compliance with the approved Standard Operating Procedures by the Governments of ALL African countries in which we operate with a goal of protecting our customers while travelling and on their Africa safari. The following guidelines will be applicable for your Safari in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo and other African Countries.
People who always support & endorse our work