Set back on the pristine waters of the Munyanga River and facing the Impenetrable forest the natural setting of Mahogany Springs is one of the best places to stay while on you Uganda safari holiday at Bwindi Impenetrable. The lodge offers privacy and serenity blended with optimal comfort in a spectacular setting. It is a perfect base from which to begin your Gorilla Tracking or Bird watching adventures. The Gorillas have been known to visit the lodge.
Accommodation at Mahogany Springs lodge includes;
- These suites can be Twin, Double or Triple.
- They are spacious with large double doors and beautiful windows.
- Each Suite has its own private exquisitely designed terrace with panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- There are power points in the rooms as well as a dressing table/desk.
- All suites have large en-suite bathrooms with a gorgeously designed open terracotta shower.
- For added comfort and peace of mind, all the suites have an advanced mosquito net system that wraps around the entire area of the beds.
The Presidential/Family Suite
- This offers absolute privacy mixed with complete spaciousness.
- The Presidential Suite can be twin, Double, Triple or Quadruple.
- It has 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms, a spacious living room and a large private terrace that overlooks the river and faces the forest this suite is designed for guests seeking the very best.
- There are power points in the living room and bedrooms as well as 2 desks/dressing tables. There is also an advanced mosquito net system in both bedrooms.
- The room has the same design and features as the Superior Suites with a few little added extras including a larger bed and a bathtub in addition to the shower.
Facilities and services at Mahogany Springs
- Main Building that features a huge panoramic terrace that stretches around the front of the building and provides a balance between the sounds of the river and the views of the forest. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the terrace or just sit here all day soaking up the views.
- Bar; the main building features an impressive intricately designed bar with a great selection of wines and beverages. The bar; elegantly designed and stocked with a great selection of International branded spirits, wines, liquors and soft drinks.
- Living room area; with a double-sided fireplace, book/DVD library (with portable DVD players) and board games.
- Restaurant; set within the main building and guests can choose to dine inside with the coziness and warmth of the glowing fire or outside on the terrace with the sounds and delights of nature.
- Meals, the lodge offers A la carte menus for every meal which change daily providing endless dining options and a wide range of cuisines to cater to all pallets. The head chef has been cooking in top hotels for over 15 years and his food combines flavours from all over the world, Asian, African, Middle Eastern and European.
- BBQ night; held at least once a week on the terrace of the main building.
- Afternoon tea; is included Free of Charge every day and our pastry chefs bake fresh cakes and biscuits.
- Private Bush breakfast, for an extremely memorable dining experience Mahogany Springs (subject to availability, prices on request)
- Craft shop; there is also a shop within the main building that has crafts, clothes and a large selection of souvenirs from around Uganda.