Primate Lodge Kibale
Primate Lodge Kibale is located deep in the forest and right next door to the starting point for Chimpanzee tracking tours as well as the incredible Chimpanzee Habituation, really, two of the most genuinely breathtaking wildlife experiences on the planet.
Accommodation at Primate Lodge includes;
Nine (9) spacious and en-suite Luxury Cottages, 7 mid-level/standard cottages, a Family Cottage, a Honeymoon Cottage, and a campsite
- The luxury cottages are constructed of local brick and grass thatched for an authentic African feel
- The cottages have full-length, full width sliding glass door frontage that allows for amazing views of the forest flora, just beyond the massive frontal deck/veranda, right from your bed.
- Two supersized windows from both sides all together let in massive amounts of natural light while a high ridge natural thatched roof guarantees the room is never too hot or too cold.
- Each room comes complete with either a 7ft long King Sized Bed or 2 Double Sized Beds pushed against the back wall between lovely African design bedside lamps.
- All beds are fitted with mosquito nets although mosquitoes are not very prevalent in the cold forest climate.
- Other room amenities include electronic safes, a classic wardrobe, two comfortable lounge style arm chairs, a natural-log coffee table, reading lamp and a luggage rack.
- Bathroom amenities include crisp white bathrobes, bath and hand towels, bathroom slippers, refreshing and nicely scented shower gels, hair gels, hand and body lotions as well as bottled mineral water.
- Standard Cottages are private and en-suite with a well-furnished bedroom and a lovely bathroom.
- They occupy a separate wing to the south, each well-furnished room comes complete with either 1x Queen Size Bed or 2x Twin size Beds.
- The cottages features a set of two cushioned weaved Leeds armchairs, a coffee table, classic bedside lamps, African wall hangings and hide mats as well as directors camping chair on the veranda.
- Bathrooms are well laid with hot and cold water in the showers as well as in the hand wash basins.
- Each room also enjoys beautiful views of the surrounding forest vegetation from the wide glass windows and doors as well as from the spacious veranda over-looking the rain-forest
- Other room amenities include; mosquito nets and mosquito gauze on the windows although mosquitoes are not very prevalent in the cold forest climate, bath and hand towels, bathroom slippers, refreshing and nicely scented shower gels, shampoo and body lotions as well as complimentary bottled mineral water.
- The Family Cottage is separate with individual bathrooms but have an inter-connecting door.
- It can be used as separate and independent and en-suite rooms or as a Family Cottage with one Double bed Room and one Twin beds Room.
- This is a double storied Banda comprises an upstairs bedroom which extends out over a large, elevated thatched wooden deck/veranda which too seems to extend right into the forest canopy.
- The deck is very popular for evening relaxation with a drink as you soak in the sunrays sipping through the tall forest trees.
- It is also an ideal spot for private room-service dinning either breakfast or lunch in the company of Black and White Colobus Monkeys or Red Colobus Monkeys that frequent the surrounding trees.
- It can also be amazing for candlelit dinner for your special night.
- The ground floor room comprises a spacious living room and separate shower rooms and lavatory.
- The room has been sometimes been taken for small families with the down stairs room converted into a small bed room for one person.
- It is fitted with a giant 7×7 King size Bed
- There is also well-maintained campsite with shared washing facilities is available for guests who wish to bring their own tent.
Facilities and services at Kibale Primate Lodge comprise;
Dining; the main lodge in the lush greenery has spacious dining room where delicious meals, both international and traditional African dishes, are served with a smile. The lodge also caters for special dietary requirements.
Bar; adjacent to the dining room is a well-stocked bar where you can have a fresh cup of coffee or other drink, while enjoying the magical forest that encloses the lodge.
Lounge area, the lodge has an open lounge area that is furnished with comfortable large chairs, sofas and soft cushions, making it the ideal place to unwind and listen to the chattering of the red-tailed monkeys in the dense branches.
Power; the main lodge and rooms are equipped with solar powered electricity. However, due to the environment, the solar system may not charge as expected. In this case kerosene lanterns are provided at the reception.
Adapters; Cameras and mobiles can be charged at the main lodge.
Free Wi-Fi is available