4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb
Overview of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb
The 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb presents an ideal opportunity for the world travellers to track primates and an adventure mountain climb. The safari features mountain gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park where a section of the 480 mountain gorillas known to be thriving in the Virunga massif exist, the adventure hike to the Bisoke Mountain where you summit the 3711m above sea level peak and eventually the genocide tour in Kigali presenting a historical tour of the 1994 Rwandan genocide.
Safari Highlights of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Arrive in Rwanda – Kigali International Airport and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Undertake gorilla trekking and relax at the lodge
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Undertake the adventure climb to Bisoke Mountain
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Transfer back to Kigali City and visit the Kigali genocide Museum on arrival
4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb Detailed itinerary Safari
Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Arrive in Rwanda – Kigali International Airport and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Following your long flight, you arrive at Kigali International Airport where you will find the safari guide waiting to offer you a courteous welcome. After briefing about Rwanda and the safari in particular, you embark on the transfer to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 2 – 3 hour’s drive. You enjoy the drive through hilly countryside that has earned Rwanda a dub as the land of a thousand hills. You continue to arrive in Ruhengeri in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Undertake gorilla trekking and relax at the lodge
Connect to headquarters of the Volcanoes National Park at Kinigi to attend to briefing at 8am. If you arrive earlier, you catch up with the impressive Kinyarwanda performances and a free cup of coffee served at the site. After the gorilla family allocation and briefing, you head to the mist in search of the critically endangered mountain gorillas. Trek through impressive landscapes with the Volcanic soils which may not be all that firm and can be slippery. The park also features lush flora and bird species. The one hour moment with the gorillas is also remarkable. It is an exciting adventure to come into a direct contact with the mountain gorillas. The entire trek is not predictable but can range from 2 – 8 hours. You retire from the activity and connect to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Undertake the adventure climb to Bisoke Mountain
After breakfast, embark on the hike to Bisoke Mountain. Rising to 3711m above sea level, the Bisoke Volcano is part of the eight mountain chain and offers an impressive volcanic climb. Commencing at 7am at the Kinigi headquarters, the Bisoke Mountain hike involves a drive to the trail head after which you embark on the climb through lush mountain flora before approaching the beautiful crater and the summit. Upon reaching the top, you enjoy the magical sceneries of all other seven Volcanoes. The encounter takes 7hours of round trip. You retreat to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb: Transfer back to Kigali City and visit the Kigali genocide Museum on arrival
After breakfast, embark on the drive to Kigali City 116km about 2 – 3 hours’ drive with impressive views of the scenic Rwandan hills en route. Upon arrival, you tour the Kigali genocide memorial to explore of what actually transpired during the 1994 genocide that hit Rwanda. The writings and audio presentations in the museum offer you a themed interpretation of the collected items. Retreat from the tour and mark the end of the tour.
End of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Self Drive Safari & Bisoke Mountain Climb
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda. Read More
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply. Read More
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply). Read More
Accommodations/ Safari Lodges/ Safari Hotels to Your Safari Destinations
More lodging options in Murchison
Paraa Safari Lodge located on the banks of the River Nile in Murchison Falls National Park’s northern section. The lodge commenced operation in 1954 and presents Upmarket / Luxury accommodation to the Uganda safari undertakers.
More lodging options in Queen Elizabeth
Kasenyi Safari Camp is positioned on Lake Bunyampaka rim the Queen Elizabeth National Park presenting midrange / standard accommodation establishment within Queen Elizabeth National Park.
More lodging options in Kibale
Kyaninga Lodge is a luxury / upmarket accommodation establishment located in the backdrop of the legendary Rwenzori Mountains on the rim of Lake Kyaninga one of the myriad crater lakes in the area.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Price per Person for Different Numbers of People
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
People who always support & endorse our work