5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda
Overview of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda
The 5 Days Gorilla Safari in Rwanda involves not only gorilla trekking but also wildlife viewing. The safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park where mountain gorillas are found and then the Akagera National Park which is the largest in Rwanda and the only savannah protected habitat with a range of wildlife including the Maasai Giraffe, the lions, elephants, the Buffaloes, leopards, the aquatics like Nile crocodiles and Hippos. The safari also features a historical tour to the genocide memorial in Gisozi.
Safari Highlights of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda
- Day 1 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Arrive in Rwanda (Kigali International Airport) & transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Do gorilla trekking and relax at the lodge
- Day 3 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Transfer to Akagera National Park via Kigali
- Day 4 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Do morning game viewing and afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
- Day 5 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Transfer to Kigali City and visit the Kigali / Gisozi genocide memorial
5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda Detailed itinerary Safari
Day 1 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Arrive in Rwanda (Kigali International Airport) & transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Following your long flight, you arrive at Kigali International Airport where you will find the safari guide waiting to offer you a courteous welcome. After briefing about Rwanda and the safari in particular, you embark on the transfer to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 2 – 3 hour’s drive. You enjoy the drive through hilly countryside that has earned Rwanda a dub as the land of a thousand hills. You continue to arrive in Ruhengeri in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 2 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Do gorilla trekking and relax at the lodge
you arrive earlier, you catch up with the impressive Kinyarwanda performances and a free cup of coffee served at the site. After the gorilla family allocation and briefing, you head to the mist in search of the critically endangered mountain gorillas. Trek through impressive landscapes with the Volcanic soils which may not be all that firm and can be slippery. The park also features lush flora and bird species. The one hour moment with the gorillas is also remarkable. It is an exciting adventure to come into a direct contact with the mountain gorillas. The entire trek is not predictable but can range from 2 – 8 hours. You retire from the activity and connect to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Day 3 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Transfer to Akagera National Park via Kigali
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Akagera National Park. You drive through impressive countryside landscapes of Rwanda before making a stop in Kigali for lunch. After lunch, you proceed to Akagera National Park 135km around 2 ½ drive passing through amazing countryside landscapes including the areas of Rwamagana where you have chances of encountering the inyambo cows. You arrive in Akagera National Park in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Day 4 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Do morning game viewing and afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema
After a morning cup of coffee, embark on the thrilling game drive encounter in the savannah landscapes of Akagera National Park. The Akagera National Park features a range of wild game including elephants, masaai giraffes, buffaloes, Impala, water bucks, bushbucks, Oribi, eland, reedbuck, roan antelope, lions, leopards among other wild game are present in the park and might be encountered on the game drive. You retreat from 3 – 4 hour encounter and get to the lodge for relaxation and lunch after which you connect to Lake Ihema for an afternoon boat cruise. Lake Ihema is the second largest lake in Rwanda inhabited by Hippos and Nile crocodile and counts of birds. Thus the boat cruise on this lake presents a memorable encounter on the Rwanda safari. Retire for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day 5 of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda: Transfer to Kigali City and visit the Kigali / Gisozi genocide memorial
After a relaxed breakfast, embark on the transfer back to Kigali City and upon arrival, you undertake the tour of the genocide memorial. The tour to Kigali genocide memorial also located in Gisozi allows you to pay tribute to the counts of Rwandese that lost their lives in the bloody genocide that befell Rwanda in 1994 where a great number of the Tutsis and the moderate Hutus lost their life. Retire from the encounter to mark the end of the safari.
End of the 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Self Drive Safari in Rwanda
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda. Read More
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply. Read More
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply). Read More
Accommodations/ Safari Lodges/ Safari Hotels to Your Safari Destinations
More lodging options in Murchison
Paraa Safari Lodge located on the banks of the River Nile in Murchison Falls National Park’s northern section. The lodge commenced operation in 1954 and presents Upmarket / Luxury accommodation to the Uganda safari undertakers.
More lodging options in Queen Elizabeth
Kasenyi Safari Camp is positioned on Lake Bunyampaka rim the Queen Elizabeth National Park presenting midrange / standard accommodation establishment within Queen Elizabeth National Park.
More lodging options in Kibale
Kyaninga Lodge is a luxury / upmarket accommodation establishment located in the backdrop of the legendary Rwenzori Mountains on the rim of Lake Kyaninga one of the myriad crater lakes in the area.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Price per Person for Different Numbers of People
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
People who always support & endorse our work