Best Time for a Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari – Uganda Safari News
Gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda or Uganda gorilla tours are an all year round activity though just like any other activity there’s always the best time. The best time for a Uganda gorilla trekking safari is determined by the weather and climate of the country. The fact is that, gorilla trekking in Uganda is an all year activity and clients get almost the same satisfaction. However the dry season with less time is the most recommendable best time to trek gorillas in Uganda.
Best months for a Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
The south Western region or of the country where the gorilla safari Uganda destinations of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park are situated have two dry / low rain seasons which are;
June – September
The months of June, July August and September form the long dry season in Uganda. The rains are low and therefore many refer to this as the best time for a Uganda gorilla trekking safari. During this time, the forest is not so wet therefor much drier and vegetation is at least shorter for clear photography.
Best Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda between June -September
During these dry season in the months of June – September, the best gorilla trekking safaris to undertake include; the
6 days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari, 6 Days Uganda Gorilla safari tour in Uganda, 10 days Uganda Gorilla safari Bwindi, 12 Days Gorilla Safari in Uganda and 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Safari in Uganda. These don’t only give you chance to trek gorillas but also visit other wildlife safari parks.
December – February
The months of December to February are the short dry months of Uganda. During this time the rains are less though the Uganda gorilla trekking tour parks remain fairly wet during these months.
However, Uganda safari or safari in Uganda tourists should note that Bwindi Forest National Park Uganda is a tropical forest and rains can be expected at any time of the year.
Best Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda between December – February
In the short dry season between December – February, the best gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda to choose from include; the 3 days Gorilla tour Uganda Bwindi, 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi, 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari and 9 days Uganda tour. These are short but well tailored gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda.
Advantages of gorilla tracking in the dry months of June – September and December – February
- During the dry season, gorillas are easier to track since the trails are drier and therefore passable. The gorillas too are lively as they play around in the forest.
- In the drier months, there are more sunny days to enjoy beautiful sunsets and have clear views.
- During this time, there better chances of gorilla photography since the vegetation is shorter and gorillas can easily be spotted.
Disadvantage of gorilla trekking in the dry months
- In the dry months you need early booking for all of the accommodation facilities and park services. December is one of the busiest months of the year in most national parks and it’s advisable to book the accommodation in time to avoid disappointments.
The rainy / wet season in Uganda
The months of March –June are considered the wet season of the year and non-recommendable time for a Uganda gorilla trekking tour. Uganda receives most of its rain between March and June, and rainfall totals of more than 500 millimeters (mm) during this season.
October- November is the short wet season of the year and during this time the rains are light.
Advantages of Uganda gorilla trekking safaris in the wet season
- During the low season of March to May and October to November, most of the lodges reduce their rates to attract more tourists to book with them and this is an added advantage to Uganda safaris or tour Uganda budget travelers.
- During this time of the year, you can also easily get a discounted Uganda gorilla tour.
- For avid birders, migratory birds can be found in the park at this time of the year and therefore a great Uganda birding safari.
Disadvantages of Uganda gorilla trekking safaris in the wet season
- When it is raining, it becomes hard to hike and trek in the impenetrable forest because of the heavy rains that make the trails too slippery
- Getting to the start of the trail heads may require some driving and if you do not have a 4×4 wheel drive safari vehicle, it may become difficult to get to your destination.
- Besides that, vegetation tend to grow something that reduces chances of proper visibility and photography.
- It becomes misty and views are not spectacular
Wondering, what is the best time to visit Uganda; the same dry seasons of the year are a good time to safari Uganda or take a Uganda tour to any destination.
Best Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda in the rainy season
In the rainy season tourists could wonder how to plan their safaris but then joining a wildlife safari to the parks north east of the country is a wise idea since these parks receive less rains. Here are top safari packages to choose from; 12 Days Uganda Gorilla Wildlife Safari, 9 Days Uganda Safari and 8 Days Uganda safari tours.
The tropical forests are adjacent to the Rwanda gorilla safari and Congo gorilla safari destinations and therefore these seasons are somewhat related. However, when planning a Rwanda gorilla tour or gorilla safari Congo always try to find out the best time for either your Rwanda gorilla trekking safari or Congo gorilla trekking safari destinations. Our popular 3 days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda or 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park are an easy way to plan your Uganda gorilla trekking safari.
With all this said, no matter the season, a Uganda gorilla trekking safari is a great experience that you can enjoy at any time of the year, gorillas can be active on a rainy day or not be active on the dry season days.