Uganda Airlines has made its maiden direct flight from Entebbe to Mombasa today; 11th November 2019. Uganda and Kenya are amazing Africa safari destinations visited by many travellers interested in Africa safaris. Therefore, direct flights set to fly from Entebbe to Mombasa are a move that was made by authorities to help boost trade and tourism between Uganda and Kenya.
The carrier’s Bombardier aircraft touched down at Moi International Airport, Mombasa at 1:20pm, making it the seventh destination since it resumed operations on August 27th this year. “The inaugural flight will depart Entebbe International Airport at 1130hrs and arrive Moi International Airport, Mombasa at 1320hrs then return to Entebbe at 1530hrs,” reads Uganda Airlines Entebbe-Mombasa flight launch program.
As the program of the day states, the inaugural ceremony will be held at Moi International Airport Mombasa on Monday as soon as the aircraft touches down.
The flight lasts about an one-hour 50-minute trips will target tourists and Ugandan traders who depend on the port of Mombasa to do business since most of the country’s imports pass through the port. Uganda Airlines will fly to Mombasa three times a week on Monday, Friday and Sunday.
Before flying to Mombasa, Uganda Airlines was flying to six destinations including; Nairobi, Mogadishu, Bujumbura, Dar es Salam, Juba and Kilimanjaro. Uganda Airlines is set to fly to more destinations like Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Ghana, Rwanda and South Africa are on the radar.
Originally, Uganda Airlines had to make flights to 26 destinations according to a member of the Uganda Airlines task committee. The confirmed 19 regional and seven international routes are demand-driven. Regional routes will include Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Bujumbura, Kigali, Goma, Harare, Johannesburg, Dar es Salaam and Lagos among others. The International flights are to London, Amsterdam, Bombay, Dubai and Doha. These flights will not only connect business people but also those on holidays heading for gorilla safaris Congo or Rwanda safaris dodging the long hours’ drive on dirt roads.
How do you book a Uganda Airlines Ticket?
Jennifer Bamuturaki Musiime, the Marketing and Public Relations Manager of the Airline Company said that the airline set up booking offices at the airport and in several other locations. You can book online or make your way to any of the offices. You can also give them a call for more clarifications.
Diversity across the world is what makes many to travel just to come close to what they don’t have home therefore, we all hope that the rebirth of the Uganda airlines will boost Ugandan tourism since it will make it easy for tourists planning vacations across Africa and those that have come to Visit Uganda for their Uganda safari tours to destinations like;
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park & Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for a gorilla trek safari Uganda,
- Kibale National Park for a chimpanzee trekking Uganda safari, Mountain hiking safaris Uganda in Mountain Rwenzori National Park,
- Lake Bunyonyi Uganda for recreation safaris
- Semuliki National Park for birding safaris in Uganda
- Murchison Falls National Park and Queen Elizabeth National park that are famous for Uganda wildlife safaris or short Uganda wildlife safaris and
- Other interesting destinations in Uganda like Ngamba Island, Mabira Forest, Jinja source of the Nile tour, Mabamba swamp tour, the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre and many more.
Only a small percentage of Uganda’s largely youthful population truly remember the livery of Uganda Airlines but then here it returns. To the Uganda safari industry its now going to be easier for Uganda Tour Operators to tailor Rwanda wildlife safaris, Congo safaris, gorilla safaris Uganda, Kenya Tours, Tanzania tours and to other African destinations like Ethiopia, Madagascar, Botswana, South Africa and many more.
With the recent arrivals of the new planes added to the fleet, Uganda Airlines hopes to expand their route map and fly to DRC, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hargeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti, and Addis Ababa. Besides those, they are also planning to make international flights that connect Uganda to Europe, the Middle East, West Africa and Asia. By the end of 2021, Uganda Airline will serve over 20 destinations.
Uganda Airlines Vision
To be a world-class airline exceeding customer expectations, through high-quality service, global connectivity, and commitment to excellence.
Uganda Airlines Mission
To provide an air transport service that ranks amongst the best in terms of safety, cost-effectiveness, punctuality, and comfort.
Uganda Airlines Values
- Honesty and Integrity.
History of the Uganda Airlines
Before its closure in 2001 with more than a decade of financial difficulties resulted in its liquidation, Uganda Airlines flew to eight destinations and had a fleet of 15 aircraft at that time of its closure in 2001. In the same year, an attempt to resurrect the government-owned airline through a private sector initiative was made. But the operation did not last long as a result of limited capital.
Most popular Uganda Safari Packages
- 3 days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi
- 1 day Jinja tour excursion
- 1 Day Tour Ngamba Island Chimps
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Park Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Wildlife safari in Uganda Queen Elizabeth
- 4 Days Wildlife Safari in Uganda to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls safari Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Budget Wildlife Safari Tour to Murchison Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 5 days Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda
- 4 Days Wildlife Chimpanzee Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Safari in Uganda
- 12 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 10 Days Uganda Gorillas Chimps Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Gorilla tour
- 6 days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari
- 13 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda safari tours
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 3 days Uganda Safari to Kidepo National Park