Before one travels to Uganda, he/she wonders, what does this country hold? Or what will I enjoy while they’re on my safari in Uganda/ trip in Uganda/ Tour in Uganda? Well, Africa’s treasure; Uganda, is unsurprisingly gifted by nature, coupled with an incomparable unique beauty that was recognized by Sir Winston Churchill on his tour Uganda/safari Uganda/ during his Uganda safari tour. He described Uganda as the “Pearl of Africa”.
Positioned in Eastern Africa, Uganda is boarded by South Sudan in the North, Kenya in the East, Democratic Republic of Congo in the West, Burundi and Rwanda in the Southwest, and Tanzania in the South.
Uganda’s lowest point is about 6,609ft at Lake Albert, while the highest point is at Mountain Rwenzori (5,109 meters); Africa’s 3rd tallest mountains and the tallest mountain range in Africa since Mountain Kenya (5,199 meters) and Mountain Kilimanjaro (5,895 meters) are free-standings.
When you look at a sample of our trip advisor reviews, a good number of tourists who safari to Uganda/ Visit Uganda have a lot of adventure stories to tell about their experiences during their Uganda gorilla safaris/Uganda gorilla tours/ gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda, Uganda chimpanzee trekking safaris/ chimpanzee trekking tours in Uganda, Uganda birding safaris tour/Uganda birding safaris/ bird watching safaris in Uganda/ bird watching tours in Uganda, Uganda cycling safaris/cycling tours in Uganda, Uganda wildlife safaris/Uganda wildlife tours/wildlife safaris Uganda, wildlife tours in Uganda, Uganda day tours like; 1 day Kampala city tours/ 1 day Kampala city excursions/1 day Kampala day trips/1 day Kampala day tours,1 day Jinja city tours/ 1 day Jinja city excursions/1 day Jinja day trips/1 day Jinja day tours, Ngamba Island day trip/Ngamba Island day tour/ 1 day Ngamba island tour/ 1 day Ngamba day tour, Sipi Falls day tour/Sipi Falls city tour, a Lake Mburo day tour/ 1 day Lake Mburo National Park trip and many more
Safari Uganda during your Africa safari/Africa tour to this exclusively rich country encompasses an area of about 241,551 square kilometres with 15% of its land being covered with water. Though landlocked, Uganda is positioned in the core of the great lakes region and is surrounded by three of them; Lake Edward in the south-west, Lake Albert in the west and Lake Victoria in the south-east. These have acted as recreational grounds, trade routes just like oceans and seas in other countries. Lake Victoria (68,800Km2) is the largest freshwater lake in Africa but it shares it with Kenya and Tanzania. Lake Victoria is the source to the World’s longest river; River Nile that dispenses its water in the massive Mediterranean Sea.
During your tour to Uganda, you will be welcomed by Uganda’s amazing landscapes that comprise of admirable scenic beauty, for example, the snowcapped mountains, the impressive rolling hills, freshwater lakes, meandering rivers, not forgetting the wonderful welcoming inhabitants. If you are a white person, some local residents and excited kids refer to you as “Mzungu” irrespective of your home country. You should always feel relaxed because they are often heartily welcomed by Ugandans.
Uganda has lots of noticeable things that bring tourists to a country including high-class unique features that were enclosed by God in small Uganda including the gorgeous landscapes, fantastic wildlife, interesting birdlife, the green vegetation over the hills and everywhere as well as its favourable climate.
Uganda’s vegetation is mainly savannah which includes grasslands, bushes, shrubs and woodlands as well. There are also several Forests in Uganda such as Mabira forest that was once its biggest Natural forest. These various vegetation types and forests act as homes to the wildlife in Uganda including the big game as well as birds.
Uganda has over 10 splendid National Parks that are evenly distributed in the country. Each National park has unique features hence making them different. These parks are perfect for Uganda wildlife safari tours.
- Murchison Falls National Park (3840Km2) is famous for hosting the big 5 with Rhinos in the adjacent Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. It is also blessed to be the most powerful waterfall in Uganda and the world at large.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park,(1978Km2) is famous for its tree-climbing lions, and the majestic Kazinga channel that offers a great boat safari experience.
- Kibale Forest National Park (1442Km2) has varsity in its untouched wilderness hence was ranked as the 3rd best safari park by CNN (2017). It has endemics like the bat-eared fox, hunting dog, cheetah, striped hyena, caracals and aardwolf.
- Mount Elgon National Park (1,279Km2) is home to the world’s largest intact mountain caldera which is about 40km.
- Rwenzori Mountain National Park (998Km2) famous for protecting Africa’s 3rd highest peak Margherita 5,109 meters with snow throughout the year.
- Kibale National Park (776Km2) is the primate capital of the world, hosting over 13 primate species including the common chimpanzees that are sought on tours to Uganda.
- Lake Mburo National Park (260Km2) is the only home of the impalas, with a high concentration of the Burchell’s zebras, elands and the red fest barbet. It’s also unique for having the ancient Precambrian rocks and its beautiful acacia vegetation.
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park (321Km2) is home to a minimum of 400 mountain Gorillas which is close to half of the world’s gorillas estimated at 880.
- Semuliki Valley National Park (220Km2) is adjacent to the biodiverse Ituri thick forest of the Congo Basin. It also hosts 11 of the Albertine endemic species and home to the Sempaya hot springs that are more adventurous and exciting.
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (33.7Km2) is part of the Virunga conservation area. Though small, it is the second home of Gorillas, the only home of golden monkeys, and not forgetting that it hosts three conical peaks of the Virunga mountains.
Tourists on safaris Uganda have visited several other amazing attractions like the rift valley, the Kyambura gorge, the equator, River Nile, and the Kigezi highlands famous for its meandering roads that wow any traveller as well as wildlife reserves and sanctuaries.
Uganda has over 56 tribes with several other indigenous communities like the Batwa, Ik, Basongora, and the Karamojong. These have lived in Uganda for quite a long time. All these have unique customs, dress codes, language, traditions, and memorable heritage experiences whereby if encountered, you will have a great unforgettable adventure. A Uganda cultural safari/cultural tour Uganda/cultural safari tour in Uganda will be perfect while in their home destinations.
Popular Uganda safari packages
- 3 days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi
- 1 day Jinja tour excursion
- 1 Day Tour Ngamba Island Chimps
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Park Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Wildlife safari in Uganda Queen Elizabeth
- 4 Days Wildlife Safari in Uganda to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls safari Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Budget Wildlife Safari Tour to Murchison Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 5 days Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda
- 4 Days Wildlife Chimpanzee Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Safari in Uganda
- 12 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 10 Days Uganda Gorillas Chimps Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Gorilla tour
- 6 days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari
- 13 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda safari tours
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 3 days Uganda Safari to Kidepo National Park
I can’t enlighten the treat and joy you will have on your safari in Uganda where you will appreciate the exclusive attractions……