Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Kihihi airstrip is the closest airstrip which is 1 hour and 15 minutes from the camp. Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park’s most famous resident – the mountain gorilla. Due to its unique location, it’s not unusual for the gorilla families to visit the camp itself.
Accommodation at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp includes;
- A total of 10 stylish and spacious tents – exactly what is needed after a day spent tracking gorillas.
- Each tent features 2 queen-sized beds and an ensuite bathroom with a large bathtub that looks straight into the jungle canopy as well as an indoor shower.
- The rooms are also equipped with a hairdryer. Every tent has a personal attendant to attend to guests’ every need.
- The camp welcomes all children of all ages
- Children aged 15 and younger are required to share with an adult. All ten rooms can convert to triples.
Facilities at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp include;
- Dining; breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all included in your stay. Breakfast is served before the morning game activity.
Lunch is enjoyed back at the camps or packed during gorilla treks. Once back at the camp, pre-dinner drinks and a three-course dinner will be served. Romantic private dinners can be arranged upon request.
Meals typically consist of the following:
- Breakfast: Continental and full English breakfast
- Lunch: Table d’Hote, 3-course meal with 2 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Dinner: Table d’Hote, 3-course meal with 2 to 3 choices, one being a vegetarian
- Honeymoons and Special Occasions; Guests celebrating their honeymoon will receive special surprises during their stay. All attempts are made to keep honeymooners separate from other guests.
Honeymoon services include:
- Private dinner by the spa with a private bonfire
- Bubble bath with flower petals and sparkling wine – after gorilla tracking activity
- Spa Treatments
- Special requests; sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp prides itself on its personalized services; special dietary requirements, allergies or medical conditions.
- Cozy campfire; in the main area at night
- Small gift shop; at the camp offering a variety of local artifacts and practical supplies
- Mini spa; with a variety of treatments, offering the perfect way to end a day of tracking.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi; is available in the main areas of the camp.
- Electricity supply; a combination of silent packed generator and battery system.