1 Day Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion, Short Birding tours in Uganda, Short Birding Trips Uganda
The 1 Day Mabamba Birding Excursion is a whole birding that is suitable for a day break from the towns of Kampala and Entebbe. The day excursion commences and ends in Kampala presenting a whole day magical experience with the swamp environment on the shores of Lake Victoria sheltering counts of birds including the Vulnerable and rare shoebill stork. The swamp dwelling sitatunga is also present. The famous Mabamba swamp presents an impressive birding experience on canoe.
1 Day Mabamba Swamp Birding Excursion description
After breakfast, you embark on the drive from your place of stay in Kampala to Mabamba Swamp around 50km from Kampala the capital of Uganda. The drive to Mabamba is an experience of its own offering chances of exploring various bird species like Papyrus Gonolek, White Shouldered Tit, Red Cap, Western Banded Snake Eagle, White Winged Warbler, White Spotted Fluftail and Weyns Weaver. Upon arrival in Mabamba Swamp, you get to the canoe and head to the swamp in the company of a local person worth expertise in paddling through the narrow water channels surrounded by dense swamp vegetation. Birding in Uganda`s Mabamba on Lake Victoria swamp features counts of birds including the rare and the Vulnerable Shoebill stork, the Allen’s and Purple Gallinule, Grey herons, Jacanas, Ruffaus Squaco, the globally threatened Pallid Harrier and Bellied Heron. Other species like blue swallow, ducks and egrets among other birds can be explored. The swamp dwelling Sitatunga antelope may be explored during the swamp tour. You will retreat from the experience and drive back to Kampala/Entebbe to mark the end of the excursion.
End of the Birding Excursion to Mabamba Swamp/ Short Birding Tour in Uganda
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply)……
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda.
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply)……
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Call us on our 24/7 hotlines:
Mobile number: +256773912891
Office number: +256414532162
Email us on email@example.com