2 days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda to Kibale Forest National Park Overview.
The 2 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda`s Kibale Forest National Park commences and ends in Kampala, it takes you to the Primate Capital of the world – the Kibale National Park where the 13 species of Primates including the common Chimpanzees are found. The Park is a rich habitat that features 70 species of mammals, the 375 bird species with one endemic species the ground thrush. The forest also supports 351 tree species some of which are about 55m in height and about 200 years old. These can be explored while undertaking the Chimpanzee trekking experience. The safari also features a scenic cycling encounter in the Mpanga Tea Estates, the hike to the Fort Portal Crater field and the heritage tour to the Amabere g’ Nyinamwiru Caves. It is a perfect fun filled mini break adventure safari in Uganda.
2 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda to tour Chimpanzees Safari Highlights;
Day 1: Transfer to Fort Portal Area, do Mpanga tea estate cycling, tour the Amabere g’ Nnyinamwiru caves, hike the Fort Portal Crater Area and transfer to Kibale National Park
Day 2: Do Chimpanzee trekking and transfer back to Kampala
2 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda to tour Chimpanzees, do cycling in Mpanga Tea Estates, the Fort Portal Crater lake hike & tour to the Amabere g’ Nnyinamwiru Caves Detailed Safari Itinerary
After breakfast at your hotel in Kampala / Entebbe, you embark on the drive to Fort Portal Area 300km about 5 – 6 hours’ drive. You will drive through impressive scenic landscapes on smooth tarmac viewing the unique geographical features including the Mubende Inselbergs not forgetting the small towns en route including Mpigi, Mityana, Mubende and Kyenjojo. You arrive in Mpanga tea estates in the mid-morning and then embark on a cycling experience. The green tea plantation is spread over a beautiful undulating landscape with endless scenic views which makes it ideal to encounter on your mountain bikes. On your cycling, you encounter the estate staff plucking tea and you are free to participate in the exercise to gain the exact touch. Retreat from the activity and continue to Fort Portal town where you will settle for lunch after which you will connect to Fort Portal Crater Lake Area. Upon arrival, you are welcomed by the local inhabitants of the place with deep understanding and history of the place. You visit the Amabere g’ Nnyinamwiru caves – the breast like features believed to have belonged to Nyinamwiru the daughter of Bukuku who was a self-enthroned King of the Bachwezi. She was denied the opportunity to breastfeed her baby Ndahura as the father had been alerted that the child will take over his throne. The milk continues to flow out of Nyinamwiru’s breasts. Retreat from this encounter and embark on the hike to the Fort Portal Crater Lake field where you traverse the challenging slopes of Kyeganywa hill surrounded by a range of crater lakes and crater hollows presenting one of the beautiful scenic sites in Uganda. The top of Kyeganywa hill offers the views of Rwenzori Mountains on a clear day. Retreat from the activity and transfer to Kibale National Park 26km from Fort Portal town for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Upmarket / Luxury: Ndali Lodge
Midrange / Standard: Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse
Budget / Basic: Rwenzori View Guesthouse
Day 2: Do Chimpanzee trekking on 2 Days of the Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda to tour Chimpanzees.
Gather at Kanyanchu Tourism Center in Kibale National Park to catch up with Chimpanzee trekking which begins at 8am. The encounter commences with a briefing from the respective park rangers who will be your guides through the activity detailing the conduct of the exercise. After this, you head to the forest in search of the man’s closest relative. The dense forests of Kibale comprise of lush flora with mature trees marked with huge buttress and climbers, impressive bird species including the African Pitta, Afep Pigeon, Green-breasted Pitta, White-naped Pigeon, Red-chested Owlet, Crowned Eagle, Black Bee-eater, Yellow-rumped Tinkerbird, Western Nicator, Little Greenbul, Blue-breasted Kingfisher, Brown-chested Alethe, African Grey Parrot, Brown Illadopsis, Scaly-breasted Illadopsis, Black-capped Apalis, Collared Apalis, Blue-headed Sunbird, Dusky Crimsonwing, Red-faced Woodland Warbler, Purple-breasted Sunbird, Yellow Spotted Nicator, Black-eared Ground Thrush Little Green Bul and Abyssinian Ground-thrush among others. Apart from chimps, Kibale also supports other 12 Primate Species including the threatened red colobus with the highest population thriving in Kibale, the rare I’Hoest’s monkey, black-and-white colobus, grey-cheeked mangabey, red-tailed and blue monkeys, bush baby, olive baboon and potto which may be viewed during the trek. Finally you approach the common chimpanzees which have been fully habituated and thus offering you an opportunity to draw closer to them and take pictures. Viewing them as they munch fruit, swinging in trees, socializing, patrolling, mating and making pant hooting calls may lure you into unforgettable excitement. You have hour availed to you to encounter these precious apes and you are free to take as many photos as you can. Retreat from the activity which tend to last 2 – 5 hours and get back to the starting point where you will rejoin your company safari guide to embark on 326km journey driving for 6 – 7 hours arriving in Kampala in the evening to mark the end of the tour.
End of the safari of the 2 Days of the Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda to tour Chimpanzees.
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply)……
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda.
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply)……
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Call us on our 24/7 hotlines:
Mobile number: +256773912891
Office number: +256414532162
Email us on email@example.com
OTHER chimpanzee trekking safaris/tours to Kibale Forest National Park Uganda
- 2 Days Budongo Chimpanzee Trekking tour
- Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Kibale with Chimpanzee Habituation for 3 Days
- Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Kibale for 2 Days
- Ngamba Island Chimps Sanctuary 1 day Visit
Related articles to chimpanzee trekking safaris/tours to Kibale Forest National Park Uganda
- CHIMPANZEE HABITUATION; A DETAILED ENCOUNTER WITH CHIMPANZEES – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- HABITUATING CHIMPANZEES; A THRILLING UGANDA SAFARI ENCOUNTER – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- HUMANS AND CHIMPANZEES JOIN CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP – UGANDA SAFARIS
- PHOTOGRAPHY USED TO PROTECT CHIMPANZEES – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE CHIMPANZEE TREKKING ENCOUNTER IN KIBALE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT NGAMBA ISLAND IN UGANDA - UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE KYAMBURA GORGE; RIVER AND THE CHIMPANZEES COMBINED IN QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK UGANDA
- KYAMBURA GAME LODGE; A TYPICAL BLEND WITH THE WILDERNESS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE NATURAL FOREST OF KALINZU FILLED WITH CHIMPS, BUTTERFLIES, PRIMATES AND BIRDS
More lodging options in Kibale
Kibale Forest Camp is a midrange / Standard accommodation establishment outside the boundaries of Kibale National Park. The Kibale Forest Camp presents accommodation in canvas experience to bring out the real African safari touch.
Click the link below to view the available options