2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park, 2 Days Safari Lake Mburo Uganda, 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari in Uganda Tour
Overview of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park, 2 days Lake Mburo Short Uganda safari trip.
Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park takes you to a typical African gem filled with magical wonders that one would wish to explore on the safari in Uganda. Considering its convenient location 240km from Kampala and a few Kilometers from the tarmac, the 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari in Uganda Tour are enough to explore the wilderness of this protected habitat with no pressure. Considered the smallest of all the savannah parks of Uganda, Lake Mburo NP stretches over 260km2 and is marked by ancient Precambrian rocks that date back to 500 million years ago. The Park supports 350 Species of birds including the Red Faced Barbet that is limited to Lake Mburo National Park in the whole of Uganda,African Finfoot along with the rare Shoebill. Other Species include; Saddle-billed Stork,African-wattled Lapwing, Papyrus Yellow Warbler, Brown-chested Lapwing, Carruther’sCisticola, Abyssinian Ground Hornbill, African Scops Owl and White-winged Warbler.
As you will see on your 2 Days Safari Lake Mburo Uganda, Lake Mburo National Park is gifted with verdant wildlife including the Impala antelope limited to Lake Mburo NP on Ugandan standards, the highest populations of Burchell’s Zebra found in only three protected areas in Uganda, Eland antelope also found in three protected areas. Other wild game like Rothschild Giraffe, the defassa water buck, the bushbuck, the warthog, the leopard, Cape Buffalo among other species thrive in the park and make it worth encountering on safari in Uganda.
The Park is central to the interest of the conservationists and researchers and it houses the Makerere University Biological Field Station and has a well-established tourism center at Kanyanchu that handles its tourism activities. The Chimpanzee habitation encounter presents a whole day moment with the gorilla and the safari incorporate the heritage tour to the Amabere g’ Nyinamwiru caves and the adventure hike to the Fort Portal Crater field and the cycling in Mpanga Tea estates that combine to generate ultimate Africa safari memories.
Lake Mburo itself adjoins other thirteen (13) lakes in the area to create a wetland system that is 50km long that end up in the Lake Victoria catchment area. Besides the swamp vegetation that marks the wetland area, Lake Mburo National Park is greatly dominated by extensive Acacia hockii. The surrounding communities are greatly the Bahima pastoralists that graze long horned Ankole cattle very beautiful to encounter while on a 2 days safari in Uganda.
In Kaniyo Pabidi Forest which is a section part of the Budongo Forest has there are 6 Chimpanzee groups that have been habituated for exploration on chimpanzee safaris in Uganda. The 90% chances of encountering these species is available in the months of May, June, July and August while in February, March, April and September, the counts reduce to 70%. In times of food scarcity like October, November, December and January, the chances reduce to 50%. The Chimpanzee tracking commences at 8am and the forest guides accompany you through the forest in search of these magnificent apes. The Chimpanzee movements are greatly determined by the forest’s fruiting seasons. The counts of 30 people are able to track chimpanzee every shift since each group takes 6 people.
Safari Highlight of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park, 2 Days Safari Lake Mburo Uganda, 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari in Uganda Tour
Day 1 of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, make a stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe en route and undertake a boat ride on Lake Mburo on arrival
Day 2 of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park: Undertake a game walking safari and transfer back to Kampala
OTHER chimpanzee trekking safaris/tours to Kibale Forest National Park Uganda
- 2 Days Budongo Chimpanzee Trekking tour
- Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Kibale with Chimpanzee Habituation for 3 Days
- Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Kibale for 2 Days
- Ngamba Island Chimps Sanctuary 1 day Visit
Related articles to chimpanzee trekking safaris/tours to Kibale Forest National Park Uganda
- CHIMPANZEE HABITUATION; A DETAILED ENCOUNTER WITH CHIMPANZEES – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- HABITUATING CHIMPANZEES; A THRILLING UGANDA SAFARI ENCOUNTER – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- HUMANS AND CHIMPANZEES JOIN CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP – UGANDA SAFARIS
- PHOTOGRAPHY USED TO PROTECT CHIMPANZEES – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE CHIMPANZEE TREKKING ENCOUNTER IN KIBALE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT NGAMBA ISLAND IN UGANDA – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE KYAMBURA GORGE; RIVER AND THE CHIMPANZEES COMBINED IN QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK UGANDA
- KYAMBURA GAME LODGE; A TYPICAL BLEND WITH THE WILDERNESS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE NATURAL FOREST OF KALINZU FILLED WITH CHIMPS, BUTTERFLIES, PRIMATES AND BIRDS
RELATED ARTICLES TO GORILLA TRACKING IN BWINDI
- BOOKING A GORILLA TREKKING PERMIT IN UGANDA
- UGANDA HABITUATES TWO MORE GORILLA FAMILIES IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK
- COMPARING GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA
- THE REASON TO TREK GORILLAS IN UGANDA – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- ENJOY THE APRIL AND MAY DISCOUNTED GORILLA PERMITS IN UGANDA – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE EVOLUTION OF MOUNTAIN GORILLAS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- UGANDA’S MOUNTAIN GORILLAS, A SPECIES SO DIFFICULT NOT TO LOVE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE TO GO GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
- THE GORILLA TREKKING MYSTERY IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLA TREKKING DRESSING CODE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES IN UGANDA CONTINUE TO REALISE THE BENEFITS OF GORILLA SAFARIS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- UGANDA OFFERS HIGH SEASON DISCOUNTED GORILLA PERMITS IN MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS OF THE IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK OF BWINDI – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- SIMPLE FACTS ABOUT MOUNTAIN GORILLAS – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- GORILLAS TOURISM AND GORILLA CONSERVATION; A SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE COUNTING OF MOUNTAIN GORILLAS SET FOR SEPTEMBER – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- GORILLA TREKKING ENCOUNTER IN MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS:
- HERE A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN ASPIRING TO GO FOR A GORILLA TRACKING SAFARI – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHEN IS IT IDEAL FOR GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA’S LOW SEASON – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- MOUNTAIN GORILLA TREKKING A MOVE TO BROADER CONSERVATION PICTURE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE ARE GORILLAS TRACKED IN UGANDA
- WHERE DO GORILLAS SLEEP? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- WHERE DO WE FIND GORILLAS – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE ELSE CAN MOUNTAIN GORILLAS BE TRACKED APART FROM BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- WHAT DO GORILLAS EAT? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE GORILLAS OF BUHOMA – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- SPENDING ONE MAGICAL HOUR WITH THE RUSHEGURA GORILLA FAMILY IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- GORILLA TRACKING REGIONS OF BWINDI – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- EXPERIENCING THE FAMOUS BATWA CULTURAL TRAIL IN THE MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- A NEW BABY GORILLA BORN IN BWEZA GORILLA FAMILY IN BWINDI UGANDA
- A NEW BABY GORILLA BORN IN RUSHEGURA GORILLA FAMILY
Detailed Itinerary of the2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park, 2 days Lake Mburo Short Uganda safari trip
Day 1of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, make a stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe en route and undertake a boat ride on Lake Mburo on arrival
After breakfast embark on the transfer to Lake Mburo National Park in the south west of Uganda departing your place of stay at 6:30am. The drive to Lake Mburo National Park is 240km about 3 – 4 hours’ drive and you will break this journey after driving only 77km from Kampala at the Equator crossing Kayabwe which is a re-known site for photography since most of the travellers prefer taking pictures with one leg in one hemisphere and the other leg in a different hemisphere. There are also geographical experiments that can be carried out for the keen geographers to demonstrate the geographical separation of the north and southern hemispheres. You retreat from this break and continue on the drive to Lake Mburo National Park. Upon arrival, you check in at the lodge, settle for lunch after which you connect to Rwonyo jetty for an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Mburo. The thrilling afternoon boat ride presents rewarding views of the calm waters of Lake Mburo that provide an ideal habitat for Hippos and the Nile Crocodiles. The views of fringing swamp and Kigarama hill beyond are also amazing. The bird species like the African Fish eagle and the African fin foot may be spotted during the boat ride. Retire from the encounter and do a simple game drive as you connect to the lodge.
Accommodation: Upmarket / Luxury:Mihingo Safari Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Arcadia Cottages Mburo, Budget / Basic: Eagles Nest, Wild Camping
Day 2 of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park: Undertake a game walking safari and transfer back to Kampala
Lake Mburo National Park with an extensive savannah environment can be better explored on foot. The game walking safari at the sun rise allows you to explore the moist savannah dotted with magical acacia Species supporting a range of wildlife and birds. During the walk, you have possibilities of exploring the range of game including Impala, Rothschild giraffes,Burchell’s Zebra, Topis, waterbucks,Warthogs, bushbucks, Klipspringer, Cape Buffaloes, elands not forgetting acacia associated birds including the endemic Red faced Barbet. The hike to the Kazuma Hill allows you to gain beautiful views of the area and the myriad of lakes below including Lake Mburo and Lake Kacheera the only permanent water sources in the area. You retreat from the 3 – 4 hour encounter and embark on the transfer back to Kampala 240km about 3 – 4 hours’ drive.
End of the 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park, 2 days Lake Mburo Short Uganda safari trip
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply. Read More
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda. Read More
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply). Read More
Accommodations/ Safari Lodges/ Safari Hotels to Your Safari Destinations
More lodging options in Bwindi
Chameleon Hill Lodge is positioned on the shores of Lake Mutanda with the views of Lake Mutanda, Virunga Volcanoes and the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and provides a luxury overnight stay for the Uganda safari undertakers
More lodging options in Mburo
Mburo Safari Lodge is a midmarket inclined to Luxury accommodation on the border of Lake Mburo National Park. The lodge is positioned on a raised hill offering a panoramic view of the park.
More lodging options in Budongo
Budongo Eco Lodge is a midrange/ standard accommodation in the Kaniyo Pabidi forest an extension of Budongo Central Forest Reserve accessed through the Kichumbayobo gate in the south of Murchison Falls National Park.
Budongo Eco Lodge also has provision for the budget rooms that caters for the low cost travellers on safaris in Uganda.
More lodging options in Kibale
Papaya Lake Lodge is positioned at 350km from Kampala the Uganda’s Capital City on the boundary of Kibale National Park in the Ndali Kasenda Crater Field. The region in which it is located features twenty (20) extinct volcanic crater fields that present a range of lakes coming with unique shapes, color and size. The Papaya Lake Lodge also overlooks the magical Rwenzori Mountains that is snowcapped.
More lodging options in Kampala
Imperial Royale Hotel opened in 2007 offering Luxury / Upmarket accommodation to the Uganda safari undertakers and other guests in Uganda.
More lodging options in Bunyonyi
Bunyonyi Safari Resort is a midrange / standard accommodation on the shores of Lake Bunyonyi in the Kagalama village overlooking the lake.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Price per Person for Different Numbers of People
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
People who always support & endorse our work