3 Days Gorilla Safari Uganda – 3 Days Gorilla trekking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest- 3 days Gorilla Tour Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable – 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari
Overview of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, 3 days Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda, 3 days Gorilla tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
3 Days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable forest park is a Gorilla safari in Uganda taking you Gorilla tracking in Uganda Bwindi in 3 days– a short time, which is so far the best safari activity in Africa. With a minimum of 400 mountain gorilla population which is more than half of their entire world population (880) of which twelve groups are habituated for trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park , making it the ultimate Uganda gorilla safari destination. This 3 days gorilla safari Uganda destination is positioned in the south west of Uganda stretching over a geographical coverage of 321 Sq. Km standing at an elevation of 1,160 – 2,607 Km above sea level. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park comprises of 32,092 ha appearing as one of the largest East African areas that still feature Afro montane lowland forest which is credited to have survived the last ice age making it an ideal habitat for a myriad of Species and noted to have the great density of trees at its respective average in the whole of East Africa. The diversity of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park can be witnessed in the range of Species that it supports. There are more than 163 species of trees, over 140 Species of fern along with other taxa. Sixteen (16) Species of this flora is limited to south west of Uganda including Lavoa swynnertonii which is threatened globally. The forest also supports 214 species of birds, 7 species of diurnal primates, over 120 species of mammals and 202 butterfly Species. Significantly to note is that Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a habitat to nine (9) globally threatened including the mountain gorilla, l’Hoest’s monkey, common chimpanzee, African giant swallowtail, Chaplin’s flycatcher, African green broadbill, Grauer’s rush warbler, cream-banded swallowtail and African elephant.
Uganda Gorilla trekking tour in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park can be done in any of its four (4) trekking regions including Buhoma where the three gorilla families of Mubare, Habinyaja and Rushegura thrive. Ruhija where other three gorilla families of Oruzogo, Bitukura and Kyagurliro. Rushaga with its five gorilla families of Mishaya, Nshongi, Bweza, Busingye and Kahungye and lastly Nkuringo with one gorilla family named Nkuringo. All these gorilla families are habituated and two other gorilla families are being habituated in the south which indicates that gorilla trekking safari in Uganda are on the move to prosperity.The 3 Days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. begins and ends in Kampala.
Safari Highlights of the 3 days Gorilla tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 1 of the 3 days Gorilla safari in Uganda Bwindi: Leave Kampala/Kigali city and drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Make a stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe for amazing photo shoots and traditional lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center if you are from Kampala but if from Kigali check in at your lodge and relax as you enjoy your lodge depending on your airport arrival time.
Day 2 of the 3 days Uganda Gorilla tour: Undertake Mountain Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and have an evening Batwa / Bakiga Cultural Performance at the lodge
Day 3 of the 3 days Uganda Gorilla safari: Transfer from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park back to Kampala
RELATED ARTICLES TO GORILLA TRACKING IN BWINDI
- BOOKING A GORILLA TREKKING PERMIT IN UGANDA
- UGANDA HABITUATES TWO MORE GORILLA FAMILIES IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK
- COMPARING GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA
- THE REASON TO TREK GORILLAS IN UGANDA – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- ENJOY THE APRIL AND MAY DISCOUNTED GORILLA PERMITS IN UGANDA – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE EVOLUTION OF MOUNTAIN GORILLAS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- UGANDA’S MOUNTAIN GORILLAS, A SPECIES SO DIFFICULT NOT TO LOVE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE TO GO GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
- THE GORILLA TREKKING MYSTERY IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLA TREKKING DRESSING CODE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES IN UGANDA CONTINUE TO REALISE THE BENEFITS OF GORILLA SAFARIS – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- UGANDA OFFERS HIGH SEASON DISCOUNTED GORILLA PERMITS IN MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS OF THE IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK OF BWINDI – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- SIMPLE FACTS ABOUT MOUNTAIN GORILLAS – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- GORILLAS TOURISM AND GORILLA CONSERVATION; A SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- THE COUNTING OF MOUNTAIN GORILLAS SET FOR SEPTEMBER – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- GORILLA TREKKING ENCOUNTER IN MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS:
- HERE A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN ASPIRING TO GO FOR A GORILLA TRACKING SAFARI – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHEN IS IT IDEAL FOR GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA AND RWANDA? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA’S LOW SEASON – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- MOUNTAIN GORILLA TREKKING A MOVE TO BROADER CONSERVATION PICTURE – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE ARE GORILLAS TRACKED IN UGANDA
- WHERE DO GORILLAS SLEEP? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- WHERE DO WE FIND GORILLAS – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- WHERE ELSE CAN MOUNTAIN GORILLAS BE TRACKED APART FROM BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- WHAT DO GORILLAS EAT? – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- THE GORILLAS OF BUHOMA – UGANDA GORILLA SAFARI NEWS
- SPENDING ONE MAGICAL HOUR WITH THE RUSHEGURA GORILLA FAMILY IN BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- GORILLA TRACKING REGIONS OF BWINDI – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS:
- EXPERIENCING THE FAMOUS BATWA CULTURAL TRAIL IN THE MGAHINGA GORILLA NATIONAL PARK – UGANDA SAFARI NEWS
- A NEW BABY GORILLA BORN IN BWEZA GORILLA FAMILY IN BWINDI UGANDA
- A NEW BABY GORILLA BORN IN RUSHEGURA GORILLA FAMILY
Detailed Safari Itinerary of the Uganda 3 days Gorilla tracking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Day 1 Detailed Safari Itinerary of the Uganda 3 days Gorilla tracking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
After breakfast at your place of stay in Kampala, embark on the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park departing at 6:30am. You drive to the country’s south west heading for 527km journey taking about 10 hours’ drive. You drive through the traffic of Kampala and connect to Masaka road on smooth tarmac driving for 77km to make a stop at the Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe where the world’s main latitude that partitions the world into the northern and the southern hemisphere can be encountered. If you are from Kigali check in at your lodge and relax as you enjoy your lodge depending on your airport arrival time as you drive takes 3hours from the Airport to your lodge.It is a unique geographical site where water experiments can be carried out to justify the geographical divide between the north and the southern hemispheres. You have an opportunity to take magical photos with one leg in the north hemisphere and another one in the southern hemisphere. Retreat from the break and continue on the drive to Bwindi. A traditional lunch stop can be made at Igongo Cultural Center 12km from Mbarara for a local cuisine prepared in modern setting and served in standard utensils. The food is organically grown and freshly served. Continue on the drive welcomed by the fascinating Kigezi Highlands arriving in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the evening for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Accommodation: Upmarket/Luxury: Chameleon Hill Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Gorilla Mist Camp, Budget / Basic: Broadbill Forest Camp, Wild Camping
Day 2 of the 3 Days Gorilla tracking tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: Briefing about Gorilla trekking and the History of Bwindi impenetrable Forest, southwestern Uganda and after embark on Mountain Gorilla Tracking in the forest , have an evening Batwa / Bakiga Cultural Performance at the lodge.
This is the day that will mark your re-union with your long lost cousins – mountain gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest and bonding. You will wake up early for brake fast then drive to the tracking point. You will gather at the respective park headquarters with other tourists for briefing in the morning at 8am where you are also allocated the respective gorilla families to track. From here, you head to the forest in the company of the armed ranger guides that will lead you up the gorillas. The walk is beyond the ordinary as it involves traversing the dense jungle whose thickness would at some points necessitate using a machete to make a path, hiking the challenging landscapes some of which are steep and slippery at times under the canopy of the mature forest which forms darkness even during the day. You are treated to the impressive bird songs and beautiful flowers through the experience. The encounter tends to take 2 – 8 hours depending on the gorilla movements and one hour is availed to you to have a direct touch with the gorillas. Upon approaching gorillas, their reaction is not predictable as it can include them giving you a courteous welcome, minding less about you and charging against you. However, as a result of habituation, Mountain gorillas are always welcoming with the Silver back beating a little of his chest to demonstrate his might and also welcoming to you to the group. The young gorillas are very playful and are at times not aware of the 7m rule thus can try to draw closer to even touching on your body – save it by taking some steps away to observe the distance. You are not limited in any way to ask as many questions about gorillas and their habitats along with taking pictures so long as you have the opportunity to do so. After your one hour with the gorillas, return to the starting point and connect to the lodge for relaxation.
In the evening, chilling at the lodge grounds you are treated to a traditional thrill performance of the local Batwa or the Bakiga that live around the park. They have magical songs and dancing styles which definitely make your evening colorful.
Accommodation: Upmarket / Luxury: Chameleon Hill Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Gorilla Mist Camp, Budget / Basic: Broadbill Forest Camp, Wild Camping
Day 3 of the 3 Days Gorilla tracking safari tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park: Transfer from Bwindi Forest Gorilla Tracking Park, to Kampala/ Kigali/ Entebbe
After breakfast, embark on the transfer back to Kampala /Kigali. You drive through the magical highlands of Kigezi covered with mist in the morning before continuing through impressive south western Uganda landscapes of Ntungamo with extensive banana plantation and cattle farms. A lunch stop will be made at Igongo Cultural Center and another can still be made at the Equator crossing Kayabwe to get yourself a memorabilia to carry back home OR simply a 4 hours drive to Kigali for a city tour and see the clean city, genocide museum, craft markets and other highlights of the city depending on your flight time out of Rwanda then lunch and after transfer to the airport depending on your flight schedule.
End of the Uganda 3 days Gorilla tracking safari tour Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
One of the best known 4×4 WD that you can use for your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside.Our car hire is based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda.( Terms and conditions apply. Read More
Looking for 4X4 Safari Vans for hire in Uganda, Prime Uganda Safaris is available to your service. We have customized safari vans that have 4 wheel drive and have demonstrated the capacity to access distant Uganda Safari destinations and across borders such as Rwanda. Read More
We have minivans for hire to groups of eight up to twelve. Make sure to find the class to suit your large group.In this Category, we have 4X 4 Safari Mini bus with capacity ranging from 6 seater to 14 seater and they’ve got a pop up roof for game viewing purposes. These have got diesel powered engines and come with a driver guide but excluding fuel.( Terms and conditions apply). Read More
Accommodations/ Safari Lodges/ Safari Hotels to Your Safari Destinations
More lodging options in Bwindi National Park
Gorilla Mist Camp is located in Ruhija sector in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park just outside the park boundary. The Gorilla Mist Camp presents perfect midrange / standard accommodation in Ruhija Bwindi
More lodging options in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Enganzi Game Lodge is positioned on the Kichwamba escarpment presenting midrange / Standard accommodation to the Uganda safari undertakers visiting Queen Elizabeth National Park.
More lodging options in Bunyonyi National Park
Lake Bunyonyi Eco Resort is a midrange / standard accommodation establishment that is located on Kyahugye Island in the middle of Lake Bunyonyi surrounded by a count of wildlife including the Debrazza monkeys, the water bucks, Impala antelope and Burchell’s Zebra.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Price per Person for Different Numbers of People
|Number of people against price per person||2 –
People who always support & endorse our work